eight | cliff diving

The three girls stood alone in the woods on Friday afternoon after school

The three girls stood alone in the woods on Friday afternoon after school. Alison had been eager in what she considered a training session of their powers, wanting to see to the full extent to what they could do. Freya wasn't sure if it was a good idea or not.

Bella placed bottles of water on the ground with a good space between the bottles and the two mermaids. Once she was done, she hurried to stand next to them, turning to face the bottles to see what was about to happen. Freya smiled at the excited expression on her cousins' face, believing for once that Bella's mind wasn't on Edward.

"Freya, you go first," Alison told her, lightly edging her forwards.

Biting her lip, she raised her arm, curling her hand over the imaginary ball as she stared at one of the bottles. From the bottle, a chain of water started to float upwards towards the sky without stopping or affecting the water that remained in the bottle; it was as if Freya was creating water from the existing water.

"So we didn't need a lot of water," Bella commented with a small laugh. "You can make water yourself."

"I can't without water, though," Freya lost her concentration that caused the water to splash back down with the force knocking the other bottles over. "Whoops."

"See if you can put it back in the bottle?" Bella suggested, hurrying forwards to stand the fallen bottle up again. Bella backed up to where the girls stood once she was finished.

Freya concentrated on the fallen bottle once more, twisting her hand slightly as the water started to move, piecing itself together to form the chain again. Freya kept going, bringing the chain up as she thought of a ball. The chain cut itself from the bottle and formed a large floating ball that Freya expanded upon.

"Keep it still," Alison advised her calmly, trying not to break her concentration, but Freya followed Alison's words.

Freya kept her focus on the ball with her hand slightly shaking, then the weight of the ball grew heavier. Ice began to consume it, freezing the water that made it harder to control. Alison froze the ball, causing Freya to drop it with the ice smashing, knocking out the rest of the bottles for the second time. Both girls jumped back, avoiding the blast.

"It was too heavy!" Freya told her.

"Sorry," Alison smiled apologetically.

"Try doing it with a smaller ball?" Bella said. "Like a snowball."

"I could probably hold it then," Freya commented and then focused back on the icy mess. Due to the water already being frozen, she struggled to pull the water from it. Frowning, she glanced towards Alison.

"I can't unfreeze it," Alison shrugged. "Try from the other bottles, they were knocked down, but unfrozen."

Nodding, Freya turned to the bottles that laid on the floor, her hand moving with her, catching the water hidden within the grass. She pulled it up again, twisting her hand slightly as it formed into a smaller ball, where she then let go of the extra water.