seven | apology cakes

A groan escaped Freya's lips as she rubbed at her eyes, opening them after to be met with a bright light and the constant pounding of her head

A groan escaped Freya's lips as she rubbed at her eyes, opening them after to be met with a bright light and the constant pounding of her head. She yawned, turning over to find herself facing Alison.

"Morning," Alison greeted tensely.

"What?" Freya questioned, glancing around the room, unknowing to how she had gotten to Alison's room or why she was waking up in Alison's bed. Her eyes landed on Bella, who was sat up on the floor, a blanket fallen onto her lap, but she didn't seem to have gotten much sleep.

"How are you feeling?" Bella jumped up, focused on her cousin as she moved to sit down on the bed next to Alison. They both looked tired with dark circles appearing under their eyes but yet wide and alert, afraid as to what was to happen next.

"I don't know," she moaned, gripping onto her head once more. "What happened? Did Shelley drop me here?"

"You don't remember?" Bella glanced towards Alison.

Freya shook her head. "I was working and then—"

"The full moon," what once made Alison laugh now scared her, which didn't settle too well with Freya. "You wasn't yourself last night."

Her stomach flipped, cramping as she anxiously studied them both, realising that it must have been something bad. "What did I do?"

"Um, well," Alison shared another look with Bella, reaching forward to take Freya's hand. Freya didn't take that as a good sign. "You went to Jacob's and asked him to go swimming with you."

"I, what?"

Bella explained what had happened, starting when she had arrived at the Black residence, leaving Freya in a state of embarrassment and disbelief. Why would she go to Jacob again? Why did the full moon control her? Why did she control him?

"I don't understand," she whispered, tears trickling down her cheeks. She wiped at them before facing her cousin. "So you know our secret now?"

"Alison told me once you had crashed," Bella admitted. "It was hard for us to both keep you here and quiet. We had to bribe you with promising to take you to Jacob today, but you were impatient. At times we had to hold you down."

"Sorry," she winced.

"It wasn't until the sun started to rise did you sleep," Alison continued. "We were both shattered, but I told Bella everything."

"Even showed me," Bella blinked as if still in shock. "Mermaids seem too unbelievable, but I've already seen the impossible."

"Edward?" Freya guessed. "We expected he and his family were something."

Alison nodded, eyeing Bella curiously. "What are they?"

"It's not really my secret to tell," she paused, looking down at her hands; talking about the Cullen's -- about him -- still hurt. "But they aren't coming back and you ought to know the dangers out there. They were vampires."