50: things never change

It'd been a total of 4 days since I'd really done anything or socialized with anyone except Rafe. 

Still mentally and physically reeling from what John B put me through I was trying to heal as best as I could. It'd taken a toll on me but Rafe had been by my side through it all. 

He spent his days with me and his nights in my bed. I loved his presence, he managed to take my mind off everything so effortlessly. He made me laugh when all I wanted to do was cry.

I realized how strong my feelings were for Rafe. 

I realized we were just two damaged people trying to heal each other through love. 

I realized love was an understatement for what I felt for the boy. 

Staring at myself in the mirror I was finally satisfied with my look, it was the first time I'd tried to make an effort with my appearance in days. The first time I'd really had the urge to get out of bed and do something productive. 

I played with the ends of my hair and flattened out my mini skirt before smiling. Walking out the door I felt my phone vibrate in my back pocket. I stared down at my phone in confusion. 

❤️

>  Babyyyyy

>  You better come to the Glisson's house I wanna see you

>  Pls come I need to see you

> Willowwwww

Rafe was blowing up my phone for whatever reason so I had a slight change of plans. I began driving towards the Glisson's house where I knew he'd been staying when he wasn't at my house. We were skillfully avoiding my parents which wasn't that hard considering my father was on the mainland having another affair. I guess things really never change. 

I pulled up to the grey mansion which coincidentally was only a few doors down from his own house, the house Ward had kicked him out of. 

Knocking on the door I heard no answer but the door was slightly ajar so I swung it open and stepped inside. 

I walked up the stairs and gasped seeing the state of the living room, there were beer bottles scattered everywhere, remnants of white powder on almost every surface, and half-smoked joints laying around. 

I knew he was struggling with everything that happened with his father but I wondered how anyone could live like this. 

"Rafe!!" I called out walking into the kitchen seeing no sign of him. Growing frustrated I opened all the doors leading to the bedrooms still calling out his name. I opened the doors to the main bedroom and saw Rafe stand up from the bed. 

"I love hearing you scream my name" he smirked walking over to me slightly swaying his step, in an instant I could tell he was either drunk or high. Or both honestly. 

I could tell by his bloodshot eyes, his scruffy hair falling all over the place, the slur in his speech, and the way he could barely stand up straight. 

"God Rafe" I sighed as he stumbled walking closer to me but quickly composed himself and stopped in front of me. He slid his hands around my waist pulling me closer.  "Hey baby," he said lowly before pecking my lips.