Hello and Welcome! :)

Hiii!!!! I am VaquitaLibra, your author, and I am soo excited to write this story! :)

If this is the first story of mine you've decided to read, then thanks for coming! If this isn't the first story of mine you've read, thanks for coming to read another! All are welcome here! :)

And those who know me know that I love long introductions haha.

So here we go; just some little important details before I dive right in to the main story. Enjoy! :)

I love Newsies. Yeah, I think I've made that obvious haha. I don't know, I still feel the need to say it. I know very few people in real life who like Newsies, and fewer who know what it actually is. And just-I love it. So much. The songs, the story, the characters, all of it. It just makes me so HAPPY. I was actually watching it yesterday, and ended up quoting nearly every character word for word and briefly adopting their mannerisms and little acting bits they do. I may be in too deep haha.

All of these characters belong to Disney. Yeah, can't claim credit for that. There may be an original character or two that I'll point out, but aside from that, the rights to these characters go to Disney.

This isn't necessarily going to be based off of 92sies or Livesies specifically. I've seen both many times, I love both. I do lean more towards 92sies, so it may be a tad bit more based off of that. It's not because I don't love Livesies or Livesies characters; it's that I don't know how to write them and don't want to get them wrong, and because 92sies uses more people who were actual people in 1899.

I'm trying to be as historically accurate as possible. So I will make some changes here and there. And of course, knowing me, I'll say HISTORICAL ACCURACY ABOVE ALL ELSE in one sentence, and then I'm the author, I can do whatever I want in the next. So this is definitely going to be a mix of historical accuracy and me either filling in blanks or changing things up. Knowing me, though, there is going to be A LOT of research that goes into this, and you are going to learn all about it! :)

I am very clean minded. So if you want any dirty/yucky stuff, you've come to the wrong story. And please keep dirty/yucky stuff out of the comment section.

This is going to be very very gay. Literally everything I write is gay, so...yeah haha. But...who watched Newsies--whatever version--and thinks that they're straight? They are one the gayest and genderqueerest groups of people I've ever seen. And I will put all my not-straight, not-cis headcanons into these characters, and I won't take criticism for it.

I'm not entirely sure of what I'm doing. Am I ever sure? The answer is no haha. So, the thing is, I kinda have a plan, but I always realize very quickly how little of a plan I have when I start writing. I got this. Really. Maybe. We'll find out together! :)

I am once again trying to write this in a short amount of time without knowing how long it'll be. I have two-three weeks give or take. I'm trying to binge watch a show, make Christmas presents, read, and other things all at once. I do this to myself all the time haha. If I can get this done before winter break is over, then fantastic. If not, then oh well, I'll just keep going. Updates are going to be inconsistent. Mostly at inconsistent timing. But it will be frequent. Once I start posting haha.

This is going to be confusing. I know for a fact I'll confuse myself. It's going to be a mix of modern times and 1899. I watch a lot of Once Upon A Time, so I'm calling on that to help me with the time traveling story line haha. To add on to the confusion, it's an omniscient narrator the whole time. So ... we'll just have to figure it out as we go.

Now for just some random things.

Right now, I'm doing A LOT of research on past lives and reincarnation, and it's all very interesting. 

There will be a character who is Italian, neurodivergent, queer, and trans. (So excited!)

The modern characters won't have the same exact names, but they won't be too hard to figure out who is who. In my original drafts, their names were so different and I was just like "nah, I don't think I should."

This isn't based in any set modern year. There may be times where the references will probably date it, but for now, it's just ambiguous modern time.

I'm referring to this as Nowsies because of this funny anecdote: I was reading Moby Dick and found the word nowsies, and me being a Newsies fan thought 'wait, is that like Newsies...but now?' but then I reread the sentence and the word turned out to be nowise. I still like the word nowsies though. Which is why I think every modern Newsies au (including this one) whould be referred to as Nowsies.

Okay but I'm looking through my notes and there are inconsistencies for plots I want to have and I don't know which one I should choose to be the sacred timeline and what I should leave out so I don't end up creating plot holes help-

This story is going to be wild. Like, absolutely wild. There are times where I think of a little detail and then it grows and I have to write it down and it gives me chills and I can't wait for you all to read it.

I've been thinking of writing this story off-and-on for a really long time, and now here I am.

So, without anything else to say, I hope you enjoy this story! :)

Please, no homophobia or transphobia, profanities, hate etc in the comment section.

Best,

~Your Beloved Author (who is really excited to start writing this story)