Chapter 7

According to Peter the best place to look for pirates was from Mermaid Cove. Tink had decided to join you, jingling warmly from her perch on your shoulder. Peter was still holding your hand, guiding you through the dense forest. However the farther you walked the louder the ocean got and the more the smell of salt clung to the air.

Eventually the grass under your boots (borrowed from Peter) turned to sand and the tree line broke revealing a beautiful cove. The water was crystal clear and seagulls soared above the gentle waves.

The sand was so fine it was almost white in color. Towering cliffs created a natural barrier and shady areas. Then there were them. The beautiful mermaids sunbathing, their tails flicking lazily and dripping water. All you could do was stand shellshocked at a picture you thought only existed in storybooks. You were frozen in place, a look of awe etched onto your face as you stood and watched. Peter laughed before kicking off his shoes and sweeping you off your feet.

"If you don't take off your shoes then I guess I'll have to carry you!"

"I will! Put me down! Peter!" By this point you'd both drawn the attention of the mermaids who merely laughed at your predicament, a few waving.

You eventually managed to squirm out of Peter's arms and kick off your boots and socks. The sand was warm underfoot, just a step down from being burning hot. You followed Peter down to the waterline where the mermaids were.

"Good morning ladies. The sun is nice today, isn't it?"

"It's lovely!" One of the girls said, sighing as she flipped onto her back. Her green hair was long and flowing and she had dark green scales on her tail.

"Who's your friend?" Another asked. She had shoulder length blonde hair and a magenta tail.

"This is Y/N! Y/N meet the mermaids. I would tell you their names however mermaids don't have human names. So nicknames mostly work with them. However, we're here to look for pirates, so we can visit them later!" Peter pulled you towards the left side of the beach where a towering cliff lay. "Now, let's find a way to get up there, shall we?"