Chapter 21

A/N: Hello wonderful readers! Thank you all so much for the support on this story! I have an important presentation tomorrow but I felt the need to take a break from reviewing my slides and update! I also made my version of Wendy on Picrew. Credit to @DJARN! Enjoy!

It wasn't long after that when a storm hit. From the burrow all of you could hear the howling wind and lashing rain. The only one who still came and went was Peter. The pouring rain you caught through glimpses when he opened the hatch didn't seem to affect him too much. With nothing else to do your stories had become even more important. Whenever Peter was gone the boys crowded you to listen and you did your best to entertain them. Peter wasn't far off though, at least his shadow wasn't. You'd catch it slinking along the walls a lot, listening to your stories.

However the rare moments when you weren't being hounded for stories your mind was elsewhere. Were Wendy and Edwin okay with the storm? Were they hidden away with the rest of the crew in their little cave? Then in the larger world, what was happening with the war? Had England fallen? Was there even a world to escape to? Yet you would always stir yourself when your questions got to that point. Even if there wasn't an England to go back to there had to be some place out there still standing. You would find it and bring the boys with you. You swore it to yourself.

Peter didn't mind the rain. It calmed him down and helped him think. The winds did little to unsettle him as well. It was only once he'd climbed back into his home when the truth of the chill would set in. However you, his sweet little Y/N, would be there to warm him with cuddles. You were being such a good mother, watching your boys. It was almost enough to make him overlook the anxious looks you sent his way or the way you'd flinch when he touched you. Almost.