Chapter 10

You were silent as you sat on the bed, watching as Peter shut the curtains. The same candle from earlier was lit, providing quite a bit of light. After the curtain was shut Peter sat next to you, gently taking your hand into his.

"There was a time when I was all alone here. I had no one but myself. Tink eventually found me and helped me create this place. The day I first discovered your world I'd flown too high and had looked down to see lights and buildings. It was nothing like I'd ever seen before. That was the night I found my first Lost Boy." The flickering candle cast rippling shadows on Peter's face. He looked so serious.

"The first boy was named Oliver. He was 11 at the time. When I found him he was crying so I asked him why. He explained to me that his father had kicked him out and his mother couldn't help him. I was so curious. After all, I didn't know those terms. He explained to me what both were. I took him back to Neverland with me. I returned later that week only to find another boy. Soon enough I had the Lost Boys. However the original Lost Boys eventually... grew up." Peter's voice was deadly cold. Did he have something against growing up? You couldn't find it in yourself to blame him. Adults always seemed so busy and concerned with things. It looked tiring.

"However, I always remained the same. I watched them go and replaced them when they did. Or that was until Wendy came. Wendy was the first girl I ever brought here. See, since Oliver told me about mother's it had intrigued me. I never had one, that I can remember. I've just been here. Wendy came and agreed to be our mother, our storyteller. She promised." Peter clenched his fists. Anger radiated off of him and you backed away from him a little. He didn't like that and grabbed your arm, keeping you close. "She broke that promise. She chose that world of yours over everything I gave her. Wendy's gone now. But she doesn't matter." His other hand cupped your cheek making you flinch. The anger slowly seemed to drain from his body.

"Not when I have you, Y/N. You'll be a good storyteller and be a mother to my Lost Boys, won't you?" You hesitantly nodded, making Peter grin and release you. "That's a good girl. Now stay here while I go find the others." With that he vanished behind the curtain leaving you trembling.

What had Wendy done to feel Peter's wrath? You weren't sure, however you knew one thing. You didn't want to feel Peter's anger ever again.