Chapter 24

"It's my turn to pick a story!" Hawk yelled, throwing his pillow at Swan. "No you got to pick two days ago! It's my turn!" Swan threw the pillow back, accidentally hitting Blue Jay in the process. The boy let out a startled and angry cry before throwing the pillow back. Only he completely missed and hit Owl who then threw the pillow back towards Hawk, hitting Falcon. You sat to the side, brushing out Crow's hair and watching the chaos unfold. To be honest it was a bit endearing to see the pillow fight over your affection but you were also tired.

Since Peter had gotten better your health had slowly taken a toll and you swore he got you sick. Because of this you tried to avoid the boys to prevent getting them sick, however they were persistent and you had too much of a headache to care. Today you had felt well enough to make up a bedtime story on the spot for them however they all wanted to pick the story, hence the fight.

The yelling and the pillow fighting ceased quickly as Peter entered the room. Instantly Crow climbed off your lap and onto his sleeping area while Peter helped you up. "It's quite late boys and your fighting has tired out your poor mother. Looks like the story will have to wait until tomorrow." He said. You, however, shook your head. "No. I can tell a story. I just- just need a minute." Peter shook his head and shut off the lantern in the room, guiding you back to your shared bed. "You look one gust of wind away from passing out. Rest up love and you'll feel better in the morning." The moment you lay down your eyes shut. Distantly you could feel Peter climbing in beside you and holding you close to his chest. Maybe he even pressed a quick kiss or two to your forehead but, your world went dark too fast for you to know for sure.