Humans? [RW]

(Socks PoV)

I groaned as I opened my eyes. My head was still pounding with a vengeance, but at least my ankle hurt a little bit less.

I slowly sat up, looking at my surroundings. I was in some sort of medical room with white walls. A window behind me looked out on an interesting landscape, with rolling hills of some beige material that turned to taller green trees with vines, much like the ones I saw earlier but bigger. What looked like a half-built village was below.

I looked back at the room I was in. I noticed Meme was in here as well, looking at a screen on the wall that had a bunch of statistics or something on it.

"Meme...?" I mumbled. His head perked up a little bit, and he turned around.

Meme sighed. "Oh, thank goodness, you're not dead."

"I sure do feel like it," I replied with a small chuckle, rubbing my eyes as I said it. "Where are we?"

"This is MedBay. Little clinic I'm running," Meme replied simply.

I looked at him, confused.

"A clinic? You know, like a small hospital?" Meme queried, trying to help my apparent confusion.

"Oh. Right, yeah," I said.

"Are... you not from around here?"

I chuckled. "Guess you could say that."

"Where are you from, then?"

"You wouldn't believe me if I told you. From the ten minutes of experience I have with your species, I can already tell you guys are difficult to convince."

"Our species?" Now it was Meme's turn to be overly confused. "Are you not... human?"

I shrugged. "Currently, I'm human, but usually not."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"I'd explain, but I'm more comfortable with the latter."

I heard the front door open, and I turned to see Meme's friend from earlier, Blaza, peeking in. He still had the eye-covering on, blocking his eyes still from my view.

He looked at me with a somewhat friendly, yet nervous smile. "I see you're awake."

"More or less," I replied with a shrug. I stood up from the bed, wincing as I accidentally put weight on my injured ankle, and turned to Meme. "I appreciate your hospitality, but I have to get going. Probably best if I at least find my ship before dark. If there's anything left of it."

"Woah, ship?" Blaza stated, confused, "Like a spaceship? Or like a boat ship?"

"Why would he come here in a boat and end up in the middle of the woods? There's no major bodies of water in the area!" Meme pointed out.

Blaza shrugged. "Hey, it's possible that someone's made a flying boat."

"That's just an airplane. "

"Oh, whatever."

"Please stop arguing, my head still hurts," I said calmly while growling slightly.

I cleared my throat. "Anyway, I'm not going to explain anything. I wasn't supposed to have prolonged contact with anyone I met, and I've been with you guys for probably too long. So I'm sorry, but goodbye."

I was on my way to the door when the headache came back again. I seethed as I fell to my knees, clutching the sides of my head with my hands.

Meme ran over to me, and put his hand on my shoulder. "Just... at least stay here until whatever injuries you have heal. You're in no shape to travel."