The Forgotten Soul

(SOCKS POV)

I sat on the couch alone, looking around for something to do. I was a bit curious about how the remote worked, so I picked it up and started to press some buttons. When the TV didn't turn on, I just gave up and put the remote down.

Where the zait is Blaza? I thought.

I stood up and walked to the doorway. I peeked out, but saw no one. Once I continued down the hall, I saw Blaza standing at the door of the kitchen, talking to Meme.

"Blaza! There you are!" I said. Blaza turned around and smiled.

"Socks! Your awake!" He said. Meme just stared at me. Right. I hadn't changed back to human form - he probably didn't even recognize me.

"Hey, Meme!" I said. He looked away awkwardly.

"What's up with him?" I asked Blaza.

"Its... Complicated," Blaza replied. Then he seemed to stop for a moment, as if listening to something. But I didn't hear anything. He shook his head. "Sorry. Zoned out for a minute. You were saying?"

"I... Wasn't saying anything," I said. Something is definitely up with him.

"Oh..." Blaza said, "Alright, then. Wanna... Go out and do something?"

He may have his sunglasses on, but I could see him wink. I knew exactly what he meant by that.

"Of course!" I replied, "Let's go!"

"Do... You want me to come, or...?" Meme asked.

"Nah, its fine," Blaza said, "You go do your own thing. Me and Socks are gonna hang out."

"Alright!" Meme said, "I'll be at MedBay if you need me!"

As Meme walked out, Blaza turned back to me.

"I know a place we can go."

---------

About ten minutes later, after walking through some forest outside the house, Blaza and I stumbled across a small meadow area. The sun shone through the leaves that gave provided a sort of roof over the area, filtering light into the clearing.

"Whoa..." I said.

"Cool, isn't it?" Blaza said. He took a deep breath and continued forward. I took a minute to stretch my wings. My tentacles seemed to be hitting everything, so I retracted them easily. Probably could've done that earlier, but who cares. I continued following Blaza out into the clearing. 

We sat down against a tree near the middle. I folded one of my wings around Blaza, and he leaned into me. I wished this moment could last forever.

But nothing is infinite. Especially time.

Suddenly, out of the corner of my eye, I saw something in the undergrowth (or, as Blaza would say, in da booshes). It seemed to be a glowing orange figure.

"Blaza, did you see that?" I said. Blaza looked at where I was pointing.

"See what?"

"C'mon, let's check it out."

Blaza and I stood up and walked over to where I saw the figure. It was strange - it didn't seem so leave physical footprints. Just the shadow of them.

As we continued through the forest, I saw the glowing figure again. Blaza did, too.

"Over there!" He said.

We both bolted to the left, where we saw it disappear. I rounded the tree and stopped. Blaza bumped into me.