Truth be Told

3 days after the last chapter

(MEME POV)

The sun was high in the sky as I made my way to Laff's church. It was quite warm out, but not enough humidity to make it unbearable. A good day for a stroll.

But that's not all I wanted to do.

As I passed by the church entrance, I circled around it to where a tall white birch tree stood. In front of it was a small headstone that read "Wicktoria."

I sighed and grabbed the flower I had tucked in my back pocket. It was a light blue orchid - quite rare around here, but there was a patch Wicktoria planted behind my... our... house. I placed the orchid in front of my late wife's grave and knelt down beside it.

"Hey..." I whispered, "I miss you, love."

No response, obviously, but the same chilled breeze slipped through the forest, making the leaves dance and sway.

"We have a new friend now," I continued, "His name's Socks. He's apparently from another planet, but he's stranded here, since he doesn't have what he needs to fix his ship. I'm not really sure what to think of him... he's been adjusting fine, but something about him is... off."

This time, I could have sworn that I heard a small whisper, saying "Follow what your heart tells you..."

"I don't know..." I said, but I was stopped mid sentence by a cold, fluffy hand. I looked up, and I could not believe my eyes.

Kneeling down in front of me was a ghostly cow. She was wearing a white wedding dress, and behind her ear was a light blue orchid, identical to the one I had laid down moments before.

"Wicktoria!" I said, astonished. I felt her ghostly hand and looked into her brown eyes, still as beautiful and deep as they were when she lived.

"Yes, my love," she said, "I'm here."

"I miss you..." I said, tears welling up in my eyes, "I wish you didn't have to go."

"That wasn't your fault, and you know it," she replied, "You couldn't have blocked that bullet if you knew it was coming. But that's not why I'm here."

She took a deep breath in (Well, it looked like she did... ghosts don't really breathe) and said, "I wanted to tell you that, although your friend might be strange and new, but that doesn't make someone bad."

I let out a deep sigh. "I know," I said, "but I could never forgive myself if something bad happened because I helped him."

"Don't worry," Wicktoria said, "The moon's shadow may be the dark side, but the light on the other side is what truly matters..."

Then, after delivering the message, she started to fade.

"Wait!" I said, holding her transparent hand, "Don't go! What do you mean?"

"I love you, Meme..."

Then, once again, he was alone.

------------------------------------

AN HOUR LATER

(SOK BOI POV)

"So, you built this yourself?"

I peered up at where Blaza sat in the cockpit of the large Chinook helicopter. His sunglasses made him look like a ligit pilot, which he was, according to him.

"Engine and all," he replied, patting the side of the copter, "I still haven't thought of a name, though..."

I sat there and thought for a minute, thinking of different names for the Chinook. Suddenly, a name popped into my mind.

"How about Banana Blade?" I said. It was kind of silly, but it's really all I could think of. Probably because I had taken such a liking to bananas.

"YES!" Blaza shouted in triumph, "That's PERFECT! THE BANANA BLADE IT IS!!!!!!"

I chuckled. I realized I was blushing a bit, so I shook my head and resumed admiring the helicopter.

Suddenly, I noticed the sun's light fading. I peered up and noticed that the sun was being... covered... by something. It freaked me out a bit.

Blaza, seeing my fearful expression, said, "Did I not tell you? There's a solar eclipse happening today! I completely forgot up until now!"

But as the sun got darker, there seemed to be some kind of buzzy screeching in my head. It kept getting louder, and louder, and louder, until I had to cover my ears. That didn't work obviously, so therefore I started screeching. I was on my hands and knees at this point, trying to block out the sound.

"Socks?? Are you OK??" I heard someone say, probably Blaza, but it sounded many miles away. The noise wouldn't stop. 

Just then, I felt myself changing.

No, no, no! Not here, not now! I can't... let it... get the best of me...

But I could already feel my sanity slipping away as darkness took hold.

----------------------------------------------

(BLAZA POV)

"Socks?? Are you OK??" I shouted over Sock's consistent screeching. I could see some of the others peeking out of the main hangar to see what was going on - Ally, Laff, Nadwe, and Tbh as I could see. But I could be wrong, I was too busy trying not to go deaf.

"SOCKS!" I shouted again, but he (obviously) didn't hear me.

That's when he started to transform.

Suddenly, two wings sprouted from his back - one red and dragon-like, the other feathery, like an angel's. His hands turned to black, inky claws, and four tentacles of the same color extended behind his wings. He also grew a thin, black tail with a sharp, red-colored tip.

His screeching, then consistent, stopped abruptly, and turned to a low growl. He slowly stood up and turned to face me. He was breathing heavily. When he turned, I saw one of his eyes was now black with a red slit, and the other was now a yellowish hue with a black X instead of the usual hazelnut-brown pupil. Socks growled once more, showing his teeth, which were now sharp as throwing knives.

"Socks...?" I said, but Socks started advancing slowly towards me. I saw the others that were watching from the hanger start running towards me, but my eyes were now on the advancing Socks.

Suddenly, one of Sock's tentacles wrapped around my body and lifted me in the air. At this point, it was very dark, the moon completely blocking the sun. The glow of Sock's eyes were the only close thing that illuminated the dark surroundings.

Suddenly, I heard Socks screech once again, along with a yell that was definitely human. From the glow of Sock's eyes, I could see the silhouette of Tbh with a knife.

I hope he doesn't hurt Socks... I thought. I suddenly realized how close he and I had gotten in the past few days he had been here. I was glad it was dark, because I felt my face get hot. 

"TBH! DON'T HURT HI-" I tried to shout, but I was abruptly cut off by Sock's tentacle squeezing tight, hurting my rib cage. 

"I'm not trying to!" I heard Tbh shout. Then, Socks turned just enough for me to see him grab Tbh's knife and turn it into his neck. I heard a small grunt and an exhale before I heard a small thump on the ground.

As if on que, the light started to return. I saw Socks return his gaze to me in anger, then in confusion as his tentacle loosened its grip.

His tentacles and wings did not retract as one would expect, but his yellow-tinted eye returned back to it's brown, human look. He looked at his hands in shock, then looked back at me, then at Tbh's bloody body. Socks had apparently been clawing him more than it sounded like.

Socks then returned his horrified gaze to me.

"What have I done?"

----------------------------------

THE COW HAS SPOKEN-

Also, 1233 words WHAT