Epilogue

(DUSK POV)

I woke up in a bed in MedBay. My neck was sore, and I remembered vividly how I died.

Wait, how am I alive?

"Your awake."

I looked up to see Nadwe sitting on the edge of the bed, looking at me with relief. I tried to sit up, but I ached all over.

"Don't try to get up, you need to rest," Nadwe urged, "Being revived may bring you back to life, but you'll probably hurt for a while."

"Revived...?" I questioned. So I was dead. Just not anymore. How could I have been revived?

"Akik kind of lost his mind after Vizor killed you, then tried to kill me," Nadwe explained, "I guess he realized how far his powers stretched."

"So, we're going by real-name basis now?" I chuckled. Nadwe laughed.

"Yeah, I guess so..." He said. He trailed off as he looked out the window.

"So... What do you wanna do once Meme gives you the okay?" Nadwe asked, "Vizor's not looking over your shoulder anymore, so you can basically do whatever."

I sat there, deep in thought for a moment. "I guess just... Do stuff. That isn't bad, y'know?"

Nadwe nodded. "Makes sense."

"Yeah..." I said, "It does."

--------------

(Vizor POV, right after his death)

I awoke floating over my body, lying limp on the ground.

"No," I growled, "No! I was so close!"

I saw Akik stare at my body, as if making sure I was dead. Then, he turned to Blaza and just collapsed on the ground. Serves him right. But I knew he wasn't dead - his soul didn't leave his body. 

I turned around to see an orange ghost crouching down beside the body of Dusk. It was Dusk himself. I walked over to him and stood behind him.

"This is your fault, you know," I said.

"My fault?" Dusk said. He stood up and looked at me, hate blazing in his eyes. "MY fault? You killed me! You tried to kill everyone here! What did you THINK would happen?"

"They would die," I replied, "That's what would have happened. But you just didn't own up to your fate. I raised you, trained you, allowed you to help me achieve our goal, and this is how you pay me back!"

"Our goal?" Dusk sighed. "This was all your selfish plan. I wanted nothing to do with it. The reason I followed you in the first place was because I had nowhere and no one else!"

"Maybe if it had STAYED that way-" I argued, but Dusk interrupted.

"JUST TEASIAE YEAN!" He burst, "I WANT NOTHING TO DO WITH YOU, YOU MONSTER!"

I stared at Dusk in surprise. He had done this same thing earlier, before I tried to kill him (and succeeded, at that). He must really hate me.

Suddenly, Dusk's ghost seemed to start to fade. I glanced over at his body and saw Akik crouching over it, his hands glowing. The orange poltergeist looked at me once and gave me one last look of defiance as he dissipated into the air. I saw his living for breathing, and his neck was no longer at an awkward angle. He had been revived.

I used never believed myths about Nephalems being so powerful as to bring back the dead.

Until now.

I looked over at Akik, then at his friends nearby, Blaza and Meme. I knew that Akik and Blaza were incredibly close. Suddenly, an idea popped into my head.

And I knew exactly how I was going to kill them.

-------

I'm excited about the ending and also sad that we are finished with this book. ;^; *sad noises*

575 words