Chapter 5

"You've got terrible aim, brother," Caleb commented as Carter tried to aim at Caleb's stomach again. Caleb got bored of the game, so he got both the daggers from the ground and pinned Carter onto the wall with both the daggers on each of his shoulder blades.

The two brothers were fighting, but Caine, the eldest, was just watching in amusement as they both fought each other.

"Isn't anyone going to stop the fight?" I asked Charlotte, who seemed to be enjoying the show.

"It won't cause any serious injury, the Cadell brothers are the most ancient werewolves and the first-in-line of the werewolf generation, they heal almost immediately," Charlotte answered, walking forward a little to get a better view.

We had gone into the dorms when we heard the commotion, just to see them fight, but the dorms and the dining hall were just one room apart, a glass wall separating the two rooms. I wasn't familiar with this side of the dorms, as this was the boys' dormitories. My gaze swept the hallway again, and Brody eating popcorn while sitting on a cushion in his room with his door wide open to have a good view of the fight caught my eye.

Caine was leaning on a wall, his arms crossed across his broad chest. My eyes switched back to the fight taking place. Carter is still throwing daggers towards Caleb, but he caught them as if they were playing balls.

Before the fight could continue, the Rogue alarm started ringing. Both Carter and Caleb stood frozen. Carter started plunging the daggers off of his body, and it healed after a few seconds. We didn't have enough time to go to the 'safe' house because the person who rang the alarm was too late. Rogues invaded the hallways of the front entrance and were moving forward and up the stairs, we were on the second floor.

This was a total bad timing, Caleb and Carter just used up a lot of energy in fighting each other, the Rogues were in luck. Caine started doing something to a wall, his hands moved faster as the footsteps grew louder. Suddenly, the wall left a perfect-shape-of-a-door hole. Caine shoved me inside the dark area, along with some other 'helpless' women, pregnant women, and the children of course. If he really thought that I was helpless, he got that wrong. I tried going back but the wall was back in place.

I crossed my arms across my chest and sunk downwards, leaning my back on the wall. I put my ear against the wall, I heard screams from females, and someone falling onto the floor. I heard cracking of bones and glass shattering.

"The Rogues have retreated!" I heard someone announce. I felt someone do something on the wall again, and when the wall opened, I almost fell face-first onto the floor because my hands were on either side of my face whilst I tried hearing everything they were doing. I felt someone wrap their arms around my waist before I fell towards the floor, and by the tingles I felt, I knew it was Caine.

When I balanced myself enough, he let go of me and I smiled at him. "Thanks for the save," I said calmly, although my wolf was yelping happily because of the contact. He curtly nodded to acknowledge my statement.

The day continued on as usual, and when it was 6 pm, Charlotte and Liana barged into my room, each of them holding a whole box filled with things. Charlotte was holding a box filled with extravagant dresses, long gowns, etc. Liana was holding another box filled with different sorts of heels and other accessories.

"Uhh-" I muttered as they set the boxes on the floor.

"The event starts at 7:30, we need to give you a make-over!" Charlotte squealed, unpacking some of the dresses in the box. "So, which kinds of dresses do you like?"

"I've never really been into events so any should do," I replied.

Charlotte raised a rosewater pink wrap dress and a Quartz Pink tea-length dress. "Which would you rather get? Here, let me help you try it on."

It has been about thirty minutes with me trying on different kinds of dresses in different colors. I ended up wearing a one-shoulder dress in a seashell pink color. Liana handed me ankle strap heels in a silver color, it perfectly suited the dress.

They both started digging up the box for accessories, talking amongst themselves while I stood there awkwardly. "Ah-ha!" Charlotte smiled, a silver negligee necklace dangling in her hand.

"It perfectly suits your outfit!" Liana squealed. Liana put the necklace on my neck and pushed me towards the mirror. Charlotte threw some random jewelry and accessories until she came across a silver hair jewelry with a pattern of pearl then a dot of silver, a dangling line of silver just below them, and a silver gem with three pearls dangling right below the gem on the middle, she helped me try it on and I stared at my reflection, the three pearls dangled in the middle of my forehead. I stared at my reflection in the mirror.

It took me an hour just to dress up, who could believe that?

"Um, guys, aren't you both going to dress up too?" I asked, suddenly feeling guilty for using up all their time just to dress me up.

"We already had our outfits picked out, plus we already curled our hair and we don't use make-up," Liana answered, curling a strand of her black hair with a finger.

"Oh okay."

"I'll help you curl your hair!" Charlotte offered as Liana excused herself to get dressed.

"You also have to dress up, I'll be fine," I assured her. She rolled her eyes.

"Do you even know how to use a curling wand?"

"Not really," I realized. She scoffed. She then made me go to her and Liana's room, where Liana was dressing up in their bathroom. She grabbed the curler and made me sit on one of the black leather seats, you know, the one that has wheels and can twirl around and make you dizzy?

She started curling my hair like an expert, while I stared at the mirror in front of me.

This was going to be a long night.