Chapter 8

My wolf attacked all the Rogues around us, kicking, scratching, biting, and lunging.

I didn't know that I had the ability to do that.

Wrong, I have the ability to do that, not you. I'm just so amazing. My wolf had her confidence and pride up now that she got to shift and have control. I really need to flatten her ego.

The Rogues, seeing that they were vastly outnumbered and many of them were injured, backed away into the woods. When Caine turned around to check if I was okay, his eyes widened, he stared at me as if I was an alien.

My wolf just stared back at him, then started walking towards him, hopping into his arms. He started patting my wolf's head awkwardly. And my wolf, being stupid, purred in content. I have unlocked all the werewolf abilities now. I can shift and my senses are heightened.

Give me back control, you're embarrassing us, I told my wolf.

I'm just showing my affection, unlike you, my wolf countered, purring as Caine lifted us up in his arms, now cuddling us like a puppy. Charlotte and Liana were wagging their eyebrows and their smirk was very noticeable.

After a few more pats and tummy rubs, my wolf gave me back control, leaving me to handle the situation. Someone from another pack gave me clothes to change in, I clamped my jaws on the clothes, careful not to bite on it or there would be holes. I ran to the nearest tree, shifted, and put the clothes on. I could already hear Caine whispering things to the Beta, Jones.

And with my new hearing, I was able to hear every single thing they said.

"Wasn't she supposed to fully transition after a few more months?" Beta Jones whispered.

"Yes but her wolf probably sensed danger and decided to shift early, which is a pretty rare case," Caine responded.

I walked around the tree and Liana started telling me about my wolf's appearance with details since I wasn't able to have a good view of my own wolf.

"Your wolf is whitish gray but more white than gray, and, of course, like any other wolf, has yellow eyes. Honestly, your wolf is almost like Alpha Caine's, his is grayish-white, more gray than white though, but it's expected that both of you have almost the same wolf appearance since he was the one that turned you."

"Your wolf is so cute!" Charlotte exclaimed.

"Thanks," I muttered.

I felt a presence behind me. I could smell an intoxicating scent of cedar mixed with the scent of the forest. I kept sniffing the air around me, the scent was relaxing and calming to my senses. I leaned back a little, only to smack onto someone's chest. I slowly turned my head around to see Caine, stiffening up a little. He walked away without another word.

Several emotions started to swarm inside me. Did last night mean nothing to him? Then Caleb's words echoed in my mind. "We'd pretty much go insane once we would mark and complete the mating process with our mates."

So he was trying to avoid me because of the curse. He didn't want to mark or complete the mating process with me our he'd go insane. The thought scared me. Now that I finally fully transitioned into a wolf, I had urges to be with my mate. Now that I was a wolf, the mate-pull was even stronger than when I was human or a still-transitioning wolf.

Because of the Rogue attack, the packs left early, including us.

And now, we were back to square one. Caine ignored me as usual, as if that night didn't mean anything to him.

I wasn't taking any of it anymore. It's like whenever we get closer to each other, we move back to where we started.

I was walking up to the Alpha's Hall, thinking about what exactly to say. The guards nodded at me then opened the door. When I opened the door to the Hall, there wasn't anyone in their common room, so I went walked straight to his door. I knocked thrice. "Come in!" He called.

I twisted the doorknob and he looked at the door to see who it was. He looked a little taken aback that I was the one who came to visit him.

"What are you doing he-," he began.

"Before you ask what am I here for, I just want to know why you are ignoring me when the curse specifically says that you will only go insane if you mark and complete the mating process with your mate, not when you spend time with them," I interrupted him, finally letting the words I had been keeping to myself out.

"Oh."

"Oh? Seriously?! That's all you're going to say?!"

"I wasn't really able to think about that," he muttered under his breath.

"Right, and you consider yourself one of the most ancient and powerful werewolves in the world. What have you learned during the past centuries you have been living?"

He looked shocked at my outburst, I was usually shy and never dared to talk back to the stronger werewolves, let alone an Alpha!

But, I guess, I am now more confident because I can finally shift and have all the attributes of a normal werewolf.

"Since you got that sorted out, then I could spend some time with you but I need to control myself. If I accidentally take a step too far and have the urge to mark you..." His voice trailed off, he was still unsure whether or not he could spend time with me.

"Alpha wolves have more urges than normal ones, and I'm not an exception. Even though I can control my shifts on the full moon and still have normal urges during the full moon, I can't control myself sometimes, so if I agree, you have to be the one to control me in case I might take a step too far."

I nodded. I was excited to have finally made progress, I had been very bothered about the fact that he kept avoiding me even though the curse just said the insanity would come when he marked and mates with me.

But I knew that soon, I'd also want to be marked and complete the mating process with him. But before that, I'd have to find the antidote to his curse.