Chapter 38

Buttercup and I were currently in the place where the Caine- the Lycan, was found in the photo, there were only faint traces of blood and it seems as if he has already left the place

And then a soft whimper was heard near my right, I instinctively turned around and saw an injured wolf, its coat splattered with drops of its own blood.

"Silver?" I asked, gesturing for the wolf to come closer.

Silver was the nickname I gave to Sylvia's wolf because even though they are both in the same body, they have different personalities and ways of seeing things.

The wolf slowly walked towards me, and I noticed how it winced at every step.

I took its wounded paws and ripped out a part of my sleeves with my claws, wrapping it around the wound like a bandage.

Silver sat on my lap for a couple of hours, getting all the sleep she needed. I noticed a white bag near the bush she came from and realized it was where her clothes were.

I let her stay with Buttercup until she shifted back and put her clothes on.

Sylvia got out of the tree she was hiding on to change her clothes and her mark immediately caught my eye. She was already marked?!

It wouldn't take long before Caine would start lusting for more than just marking her. And if he couldn't get close to her and do that, he'll start going insane.

And, well, if he does get what he wants, he'll still go insane.

She must have noticed me staring at her neck which was freshly marked and looking down, she said, "My wolf submitted. She wanted it too."

"Do you know where he is though? We have the antidote," and I as I said those words, she looked up, hope ignited in her eyes.

"He's supposed to be around here, I ran away when he fell asleep but I don't know if he went farther or nearer to us."

"We have to find him then knock him out to make him drink the antidote," Buttercup spoke up for the first time since we got here.

"Right, I can use myself as bait," Sylvia offers.

"But if this won't work, then he'll just take you away and complete the mate bond," I argued. It had too many risks.

"It's fine, it's worth a shot. Besides, we can't lure him in without me so it's basically our only chance."

***

I can't believe I just suggested making myself the bait

I mean, I know desperate times call for desperate measures, but I have no idea why the hell would I suggest something that could possibly get me raped.

The last time I saw Caine, he wasn't insane yet. His wolf seemed comfortable once I had been marked and didn't push anything else anymore, but I'm afraid that it wouldn't be like that in a few days.

I had seen his wolf's insane side, the side when his wolf takes full control of his human actions, I don't think I want to see his human's insane side.

I don't really know him much, but I know I don't want him to go insane.

The sound of leaves crumpling alerted me, and I knew it wasn't Marshmallow or his friend, since they were fetching some water from the lake.

That was when I caught on to his scent.

"He's here," I mind-linked Marshmallow, hoping that he and his friend would use this as an opportunity to inject the antidote in him since he probably wouldn't drink it willingly.

"Coming," a faint echo of Marshmallow's voice said back.

The sound of the crunching of leaves got closer, and there, a greyish-white wolf stood, staring at me with his pale blue eyes.

He whimpered gently, rubbing his nose on his left paw.

Before he could get any closer, Marshmallow's friend, Buttercup, tackled him to the ground and forcefully injected the antidote in him.

The wolf's eyes dilated and started trying to get away, clawing and scratching at the air.

Soon enough, the antidote started working its way through his body, and he passed out. Marshmallow had told me he'd be unconscious for a while after the antidote is in his system.

***

"Got any idea on when he'll wake up?" I asked Marshmallow once we were back in the treehouse I stayed in.

"Not really, it can be a few hours, a day, a couple of days, or more," he responded. "It really depends on how his body takes it."

"What will you do now?" Marshmallow asked softly, staring at me with his gentle blue eyes.

"I'll just wait for him to wake up," I answered.

"No, I mean after that. What will happen then?"

I shrugged, "We'll find our way back to the packhouse."

"And after that?"

He looked me straight in the eye, and I know he knew how unsure I was of what I would become after that.

What would I do then? 

"I don't know," I answered truthfully.