Chapter 11

I closed the book after I read the first few pages, I don't think they were useful for the situation at the moment, though I think Haven's story was rather interesting. I moved opened another book titled Spells and Curses for Beginners.

The corners and tips of the pages had golden and silver swirls and designs on them.

Introduction//

Spells are usually organized by how powerful it is or how much energy it consumes. A normal spell can not completely drain out the energy of a normal witch, but a high-class spell can cause damage or even kill the caster if he or she isn't powerful enough.

Curses and jinxes range from a small amount of damage to one that can haunt you for a lifetime. Only powerful witches can cast high-class curses without getting killed.

Witches can either cast a spell or curse that has already been made by another witch or make their own spells. When making a spell, the witch should be careful in making the chants and the amount of power and energy they are putting in the spell, otherwise, their inner soul can be damaged.

I skipped the spells category since Caine had mentioned it was a curse, not a simple spell. I flipped through the pages until I found the curses category.

Curses//

There are different ranges of curses, it can last for a small amount of time to for a lifetime, there are also curses that can cause damage to your inner soul, or damage you physically or emotionally.

Though the caster of a curse probably wants no cure to the casted curse, there is always a way to undo a curse. The caster can either make a cure, elixir, or an antidote and hide it somewhere, the victim could also do something in order to undo the said curse, and the last alternative is by asking a more powerful witch to undo the curse.

There are different sorts of curses, but some are more life-threatening than the rest. All curses made in history are all listed down on The Book of Curses, owned and updated by Darcy herself.

Darcy? What does she have to do with curses?

I scanned the rest of the book, not finding anything else that is related to what I'm looking for. I switched to History of Black Witches.

Creation//

Haven is the very first black witch in all of history. She is the first to embrace the dark and let go of the light, though she had relinquished the dark from her body after she had had children with West, she is still and always will be the first black witch.

For balance, nature has given her children with different elements, the quadruplets are also called The Elements. She was given twins to balance the darkness that was in the first twin, Darcy. Darcy's other twin is her exact opposite, in looks, behavior, and the element they had control over.

Darcy didn't take a liking to anyone, and so black witches weren't made by blood, but when you embrace the power of the dark. Black witches are usually stronger when they come from a pure line of witches.

Black witches are formed when the specific witch is feeling pain, rejection, or depression.

The darkness calls out to them, most block it out. While others embrace it like a blessing.

I turned the page, but as I did, all the pages turned black, almost as if it was poisoned. The black ink started going in swirls and finally filled both pages. Words started flashing on the book.

The words started changing into names

The very first word that flashed was Haven, which didn't surprise me.

Names flashed, names that I didn't recognize. Until I saw a very familiar one.

 Until I saw a very familiar one

I gasped. Hecate was a black witch? I should have seen that coming. I mean, she was able to curse three ancient werewolves for a lifetime. I guess I got my answer, I was wanting to know what kind of witch Hecate is.

But didn't Caine say that Hecate had control over water?

Now I'm really confused. Or was it her past element, before she became a black witch and she still had access to it?

This book was giving me bad vibes, I was about to close the book when a ragged black hand held my hand, stopping me from closing the book. I screamed and tried getting my hand off of it's grip, but the hand was unbelievably strong even though it was just a hand. I saw a nearby scissor, I grabbed it with my other hand and started scraping the hand's surface with the sharp end of the scissor.

It didn't budge, didn't bleed, didn't anything. It kept its firm grip on my hand.

So I did the only sensible thing I could do.

I screamed my lungs out, hoping someone would hear me.

A few maids rushed inside to check what was going on, but when they saw what actually was going on, they ran away, screaming.

Their screams echoed along the halls, until crowds started forming, checking what was going on. I would have been self-conscious if this was any normal day, but I have a hand that randomly came out of a creepy book keeping me from moving.

Recovering from their shocks, someone went out of the room to find the Alphas. I tried prying the hand off of my other hand with my free hand, but the ragged hand just tightened its grip. I could feel my hand starting to have bruises so I stopped struggling.

Loud footsteps started echoing in the hall outside the library. The Alphas went inside the library but when they saw the ragged black hand, all their eyes widened. They stared at it for a few minutes.

"Uhh, are you guys going to help or what?" I asked, getting impatient though I know I was in no place to be.

They ignored me and looked at each other, it was like they were discussing something privately.

Carter rolled his eyes and said some words that I didn't understand.

The ragged black hand disappeared into thin air, as if it was never there in the first place.