Chapter 37: Trump Card

"Hehe, you kids are alright. I'll spare your lives. Consider us even."

Several months ago, Stryke and Hogosha received a large shock when they rescued a being from crystallis at the end of a particularly difficult dungeon. Going by previous intelligence, they assumed the being was a god, but were stunned when they shattered crystal revealed a humongous white tiger the size of a heli-carrier..

As it turned out, Razznik battled and sealed more than gods. He also sealed some of the Demon Gods. Stryke and Hogosha just happened to be the unlucky duo to be the first ones to release a demon and thus serve as a warning to the rest of the world.

Fortunately, the Demon God they released seemed to have a sense of humor, as it proclaimed that sparing their lives was enough to offset being freed from a millennium of imprisonment. The determined Stryke sweettalked his way into extra benefits, but he ultimately underestimated a demon's penchant for chaos.

"Your body is incompatible with my blessing, so let's change that." First, the demon altered Stryke's biological construct, transforming him from a human to a tora. "Hmm. You are both too weak. Your bodies would explode if I gave either of you my full inheritance. Yes. I'll share it. Neither of you will be able to access the inheritance without the other."

Before Stryke or Hogosha could react, the demon pierced both their chest with its claws. In the blink of an eye, the demon completed the transfer, and then revealed a cheeky grin. However, that grin quickly disappeared, replaced by a helpless snort, "Argh. He's already caught my scent. I need to return."

And thus, the Greater Demon promptly disappeared before either could ask about the inheritance's specifics. Fortunately, Stryke had the Game's System Menu.

Passive Skill: [DEMON GOD BYAKKO – Earth Form Lv.1]

Evolved from the Greater Demon Byakko, Demon God Byakko battled in the Netherrealm for several millennia until it mastered wind and the opposing earth elements to obtain godhood. The Demon God Byakko selected its Earth form to pass on, as it was most compatible with your defensive style.

Demon God Byakko's Earth Form temporarily transforms its user into a Legendary Earth Elemental. However it deemed this power too much for a regular hume, and has thus shared it between similar bodies. Full potential shall be unlocked upon fusing.

Solo Passive:

+50 STR

-50% Earth Magic Mana Cost

-50% Earth Magic Cast Time

+150% Earth Magic Potency

Fusion Passive:

+200 STR

-150% Earth Magic Mana Cost

-75% Earth Magic Cast Time

+450% Earth Magic Potency

Earth Control [Lv. 1]

Cast Time: 5 Mins | Active Time: 10 Mins | Cooldown: 24 Hrs.

After studying the specifics, Stryke understood Byakko's prank. The Demon God basically ensured that he and Hogosha would have to rely on each other to unleash the inheritance's full potential. This incident resulted in Leila essentially seceding Hogosha to Stryke despite being its official owner.

Stryke and Hogosha had since spent several weeks dungeon diving to improve their fusion time and elemental skills. Of course with only ten minutes a day, progress was slow. Fortunately, their hard work prevailed. Currently, their fusion had reached level three, which extended the time to twenty minutes.