five

RILEY's POV

Today was the All-Stars Games, Metro v. Pacific. and Atlantic v. Central. I was watching the Pacific with Meredith, Johnny Gaudreau's wife, in support of him. I lived with Matty so I saw the Flames team a lot when they came over. Johnny was my favorite of his teammates and we are really close so I came to see him play. Just to watch Johnny of course.

"Who do you think will win?" Meredith asked me.

I grimace, "Don't kill me but Metro team."

She laughs, "It's okay, it isn't that big of a deal so I don't really care."

"I mean, they could win. They got McDavid and Draisaitl," I say honestly. "Good goaltenders. But, Metro is solid this season."

Turns out I was right. Metro won 6-4. Leon and Johnny got an assist. Meredith and I got up and cheered for him when he did.

I was wearing a Flames jersey in support of Johnny but, before the Atlantic v. Central game, I had my Tkachuk Senators jersey to change into.

"Ri, I am going to Johnny," Meredith tells me.

I get up with her. "I need to change so, I will come down there with you."

We walked down to the underground area of the arena. I left Meredith to say hi to Johnny first when I changed. In Brady's jersey, he saw me.

"Chucky Sr! Glad you could support me! I know it was hard rooting against some of your favorite players but, I appreciate it!" He joked.

Whenever Matty and I were in the same room, we would both respond to Tkachuk or Chucky so the team started Chucky Sr. and Chucky Jr. seeing as I was the oldest. I didn't mind it, I found it funny how Matty always got annoyed at the reminder that I was the oldest.

"Always Johnny Hockey! I secretly rooted for the other team but," I shrugged. He snickered and rolled his eyes.

An arm slung around my shoulders and I looked up and saw Brady standing there in his All-Stars Jersey smiling. I squealed, "Awww look at my baby bro! So cute," I pinched his cheeks.

"Riley," He groaned slapping my hands away. "Everybody is looking at us," He mumbles.

"Oh shut the fuck up Brady and let me look at the All-Star," I teased.

"I didn't want Mom to come for this reason and now here you are," He groaned. "You know I am only here because Batterson got hurt."

I hit his shoulder, "Don't ruin it for me." I give him a pointed look. "I basically raised you so don't you say that, you're my baby brother."

"Why don't you do this Taryn?"

"Because she would fight me if I do this, you're the only one who wouldn't so I do it to you," I smile sweetly before pinching his cheek and letting him go onto the ice.

I turn around going back to my seats and see a familiar name walking fast away from me.

_______
i promise this will get better 😬