sixty three

The journey was a hallway away. He stood in front of the Flames door. He stood there for a couple of moments. I am about to get killed, he kept thinking to himself. He finally knocked on the door and waited a few seconds before he heard footsteps near.

Johnny opened the door, his eyes widened when he saw Connor McDavid standing in front of him. When he opened the door he did not expect Connor to be standing there.

"Hi," Johnny said awkwardly.

"Hey," Connor said back just as equally as awkward.

"Can I help you with something?" Johnny asked.

"Oh yeah, Do you know where Riley is?" Connor asked, rubbing the back of his neck. In total honesty, Connor thought Johnny would tell him to fuck off.

But to his surprise Johnny nodded, stepping aside for Connor to enter. Connor was hesitant to enter the room. He cased a glance at Johnny silently asking if this was a good idea. Johnny waved his hand, not thinking there would be any issues. There was. As soon as Connor got insight of the other players they all stood up, and went immediately on guard.

Connor awkwardly laughed and searched the room for the small blonde that he was looking for. But he didn't see her. With every eye on him, he walked to the corner where Matthew was sitting, oblivious to Connor. Connor stood right in front of Matthew and cleared his throat trying to get Matthew's attention.

Matthew looked up and his face dropped. He did not expect Connor McDavid in his locker room, but he did have a suspicion on why he was.

"Hey," Connor said awkwardly, as always.

"Uh hey," Matthew replied. Every eye in the room bounced back and forth between the two. None of them knew why Matthew Tkachuk and Connor McDavid needed to be having a conversation right now.

"Is Riley in here?" Connor asked. A few of the guys exchanged protective glances with each other at the mention of Riley.

Matthew rubbed the back of his neck at the mention of Riley, he knew that he would have to explain himself to the guys later. He considered his answer, he knew why Connor was asking, he saw Leon when they were getting off the ice. He knew that Connor was probably taking Riley to Leon. He sighed, deciding to just tell him. "In the bathroom," Matthew said, pointing to a door on the opposite side of the room.

Connor cringed, he would have to wait for Riley to be done in the bathroom now. Connor forcibly laughs, this was just his luck. "Thank you," He nodded at Matthew. Matthew awkwardly returned the gesture.

Connor walked in the direction of the bathroom and propped himself against the wall next to the door. He ducked his head down trying to avoid everybody's eyes on him.

A few moments later, Riley walked out of the bathroom completely oblivious to the tension in the locker room right now. She walked out and immediately froze when she noticed everybody looking in her direction. She stood there awkwardly, waiting for somebody to tell her what was wrong. Thankfully, Johnny pointed in the direction behind her. She spun around and was literally taken back when she saw Connor standing there.

"Connor, what the fuck are you doing in here?" She immediately said.

Connor smiled at her, "I need you to come with me," He said, hoping he didn't sound creepy.

Riley blinked, "What?"

"He needs you," Was all he said.

Riley's entire composure changed, and the entire room could tell. She didn't say anything because she didn't know what to say. She stared at Connor, repeating what he just said in her head. He needed her.

She turned to Matthew, silently asking him what to do. Matthew sighed sadly that his sister even needed his permission to go see the person she loved. The consequences of your actions, a voice in his head said. A sad smile formed on his face and he nodded at her, silently telling her to go. She teared up at the sight. Riley turned back to Connor and nodded. They both walked out silently and as soon as the guys heard the door shut chaos ran out.

Everybody turned to Matthew asking what the fuck that was. He laughed awkwardly. "Yeah, so uh Riley dated Leon Draisaitl for like a couple of months," He said casually. Everybody's mouth dropped, and I mean dropped. Johnny started giggling at their facial expressions.

Connor and Riley got to the locker room, but not before Connor knocked on the door and yelled out, "I have a girl guest put your clothes on!" They waited outside until somebody yelled back, "You're all good!"

They were about to walk in when Riley grabbed Connor's arm quickly. He looked back at her alarmed and confused about why she stopped him. "Wait, Connor what the fuck am I doing?"

Connor rolled his eyes, "Getting back together," was all he said then he dragged her into the locker room.

The room went quiet when she stepped into sight. But not with tension, like what happened when Connor stepped into the locker room. Tension of everybody being relieved that Leon and Riley were in the same room again.

Leon with his head down and his thoughts rushing through his ears was oblivious to the new presence. As soon as Riley entered the room her gaze immediately when to the body hunched over with his hands over his ears. Her heart got knocked out of her chest at the sight of him especially seeing him in such a bad state. She ignored everybody's eyes on her and walked over to Leon. He didn't notice anybody until he felt somebody's hands coming around his body. He jumped out of his body when he felt it but then immediately hugged back when he saw her familiar blond hair.

"Riley," Leon breathed out. She nuzzled her face into his shoulder, letting out tears of relief. He feels the tears through his dry-fit t-shirt and started smoothing her hair down.

After a couple of minutes, somebody coughs, reminding them that they aren't alone. They slowly and embarrassedly separate from each other's embrace. Riley sniffles and turns back to the guys with a small smile on her face. She is immediately swept into a tight embrace and swung around. "My eldest child is back," Kassian squeezes her. Riley giggles at his words, she always thought of Kassian as an older brother/dad figure apparently, he did too. "Missed you too, Kass," She murmured.

"More than Leo?" He hopefully asked.

She laughed, "Mhm," She pretended to think about it, winking at Leon. "Maybe," She answers.

He jokingly rolled his eyes and set her back down, next to Leon. 

All of the guys swarmed her—welcoming her back to the family and asking when Leon was going to propose. Leon rolled his eyes at that question, but still had a smile on his face. It was when the guys were asking her questions, Leon's hand on her thigh that she realized, this is the perfect life. She caught Leon's eye, smiling at him. And it's going to stay my perfect life.

_____
epilogues next 🥰🥰