sixty one

RITKACHUK posted a story!

______
RITKACHUK posted!

liked by meredithgaudreau_, nhlflames, matthew_tkachuk, and 62,721 others

ritkachuk first round let's go flames!

tagged meredithgaudreau_
____

nhlflames our favorite ladies to cheer the boys on!

meredithgaudreau_ lookin cute 🥰
ritkachuk always with you <3

COMMENTS LIMITED

______

I walked into the locker room 3 hours before the game starts. They were going to play the Nashville Predators, but they lost so we are playing the Dallas Stars now. All of the guys are here, so I thought I would do my round of wise encouragement.

I pop my head into Darryl's office, the head coach, asking, "Can I talk with them?"

His lips quirk at my voice, "Don't know what they would do without your talk," He jokes.

"Sutter with the jokes, we're gonna win this Darryl! Just for you!"

"Tell them that," He yells back.

I cackle while walking into the locker room, catching everybody's attention. I sober up and stop immediately as everybody turns to me. I cough awkwardly, "Coach is in a good mood if you need to talk to him. I would do it now before that goes away," I say awkwardly while shuffling to hide behind Jacob.

All the guys snicker at my awkwardness. Jacob pulls me out from behind me and claps me on the shoulder. "Thank you for telling us, Riley," Jacob snickers.

I faux laugh at them teasing me. "I was just saying," I mumble, and move to a stop between Johnny and Matthew.

I turn to Matthew, a sad smile on my face. "You're going to do great, I know it already. I love you no matter what, and our family does too, so go out and play your little heart out," I tell him.

A sad smile grows on his face too, "Thanks, Riles," He mumbles. "Love you too."

I give him one last smile and turn to Johnny, on my right side. "Don't feel pressured, team effort game we are playing, okay?" He nods hesitantly. "Your entire family is here cheering you on, and no matter what you won't disappoint them. Do your best, Johnny."

He nods, his eyes wide like he's thinking over my words. I give him a cheesy grin, clap him on the back, and walk over to Jacob.

"Marky, Marky, my beautiful goalie, you're going to be amazing just like you have been all season!"

He ducks his head and laughs. "Thank you, Riley," He says.

I hold my hand up, gesturing for him to do our handshake. He rolls his eyes, and does it, acting like he doesn't enjoy doing it. After our handshake, I give him a pat on the head leaving him with my good luck.

I pop up from the seat, going around the room and giving fist bumps like I do every game. I always leave with one last statement, "Fights," I yell. "Don't go soft for the playoffs."

They all respond with their usual, "Fuck yeah." Then, I leave.

Playoffs bitch.

____
y'all this is so cringe and i hate it but i literally have no idea what else to write🤗