eighteen

"Ri, are you watching a fucking Oilers game?" Matthew asked me after he and Johnny walked through the door.

I jump slightly from my position on the couch. They were supposed to be at practice, and now obviously not.

Johnny gave me a look. He saw my phone one night while I was texting Leon and he figured out quickly who neon leon was.

I widen my eyes, scrambling to think of an answer. "Yeah," I cough awkwardly. "Just scoping out the competition," I answer.

He gives me a weird look, "I don't know why you make such a big deal about our rivalry," He holds up quotes for rivalry. "You're too much sometimes."

"Fucking hypocrite you saying that," I scoff. "I am watching because Auston just hit 50 goals and I want to see if Draisaitl will. Nothing to do with you, you fucking narcissist."

He holds his hands up in innocence and walks out of the living room into the kitchen.

I look back at Johnny who was standing next to the couch. He was trying very hard to hold in his laughter. He claps me on the back, "Good save," He snickers. I flip him off.

"What are you guys doing today?" I ask them.

Matty and Johnny both plop down next to me on the couch, "I don't know," Matthew looks at me. "What do you want to do?"

I shrug, "I don't know. I finished most of my classes this semester, so I am free." With being all over the place all the time, I thought it would be better to do online school this year. It was really productive for me and I finished most of my classes early and could go anywhere if I wanted to.

"Glad one of the Tkachuk siblings is smart," Johnny chimed in.

"Eh, that's debatable. She lacks some major stuff," He gestures to his head.

"The fact that you didn't even know a word and just said stuff says all you need to about who is the smartest sibling," I snip at him while eating my popcorn and watching the game. "Too many hits into the boards, Lil bro."

"Speaking of," Johnny says while pointing at the game. "Loverboy is getting flattened right now," He says without speaking.

All three of us freeze. And I mean freeze. My eyes widen and my soul left my body. Johnny freezes because he knows he just fucked up really badly. Matthew freezes from what just came out of his best friend's mouth.

"What?" Matthew asks slowly, more confused about why he would say that.

Johnny awkwardly laughs, "You know because of what he did at the game a couple of weeks ago," He says trying to cover up his mistake.

"Bad joke Johnnycake," I joke, trying to break the awkward tension.

"Yeah, really dude," Matthew laughs. "Bad joke."

We all laugh, Me and Johnny awkwardly and Matthew being oblivious.

I turn my head to look at Johnny and start mouthing every curse word I know to him. He keeps mouthing sorrys and then starts cursing me back.

All of this is happening with Matthew sitting next to us, watching the game, eating popcorn, and thinking about how much the Oilers suck.

"You fucking dumbass," I mouth to Johnny. "You're lucky he's fucking dumb you asshole. I am never speaking to you again."

"I am sorry I am sorry I am sorry I am sorry I am sorry I am sorry," He continuously kept mouthing to me.

I scowl at him, "Shut the fuck up."

He looks away back to the game like a scared puppy.

"LEON DRAISAITL SCORED A GOAL! LEON DRAISAITL WITH HIS 50TH GOAL THIS SEASON!" The commentator yelled.

My mouth dropped. I stayed still, no moment, my facial expression completely closed off. Of course, Matty had to be here right now. I would be jumping around, squealing with happiness for him right now.

I struggled to not move or smile. The camera zoomed onto Leo's face. His face was bright with happiness and he was hugging everybody laughing and smiling. He was so happy and so was I. I was so happy for him.

"Really? That's it?" Matthew spoke out. "You hurt your ankle celebrating Austin's 50th goal. I would at least think you would be cursing him out or something. You just look like a statue right now."

"Yeah," I said eventually. "I am just shocked. I mean no matter who it is, it is an amazing accomplishment."

He looked even more shocked by that answer. "Who are you? That was mature, I was expecting you to get close to the TV and curse them out like you always do."

I simply shrugged, "Turned over a new leaf. I am happy for him."

On the other side of the couch Johnny snickers, "New leaf," He says. "Get it because you're a Leafs fan."

We all snicker at that.

_______
true story, i did sprain my ankle during auston's 49th goal of the season but during his 50th i was just crying