sixty two

It was the second round of the playoffs, the Flames won against the Predators. Edmonton won against the Kings, and now they were going against each other. Riley watched every single Oilers game she could—she celebrated every time Leon scored, she felt bad every time they lost. But now the two most important people in her life were going against each other... in the playoffs.

She was wearing her usual 'Tkachuk' jersey, but now she had on a hat. Riley did not like hats, she liked toques/beanies she never wore hats. She hated the way they made her face look, so she never wore them. She wore on today, a hat that she found under her bed the other day. She knew it wasn't hers, and she vaguely recalled somebody else wearing it. She wore it for him, she couldn't wear any Oilers gear, so she wore his hat.

Matthew knew exactly how much Riley hated hats, and when she came out of her room wearing a hat that was a little bit too big for her head he knew exactly whose it was. He didn't say anything to her about it, he didn't make her take it off. He knew he needed to fix what he did and maybe this was the place to start.

She did her rounds around the locker room and stepped out for the boys to get dressed in their gear. She casted a fleeting glance at the guest room locker room, thinking about if her and Leon were still together she would've probably gone in there. She shook her head pushing away the thoughts about her and Leon. They weren't together anymore and she had to move on now.

She walked up to the box where all of the WAGS were and got ready for the game that she was not ready for.

She was correct when saying she wasn't ready. It was physical, extremely physical. Seeing her past friends hit and knock over her brother was conflicting. Some of the guys seemed to go harder on Matthew than the rest of them. She was overwhelmed by the feeling of confliction. Being hyped about the fights or the heartbreak that her brother was being bruised up by people she had learned to love.

Little did she know, the entire Oilers team was looking forward to the physical side of this game. They had all seen what this breakup had done to Leon. Leon told his team the reason they broke up, meaning they all had a vendetta against Matthew. And this was the perfect chance to take it out.

By the 1st intermission, Matthew felt like he needed to ice pack his entire body. The entire Flames team was confused about why they were basically taking it all out on Matthew. Expect one. Nobody knew what happened, except Johnny. Riley stayed at his house for a couple of weeks, and Riley and his wife had gossip sessions which he is not embarrassed to admit he would listen in on sometimes. He knew exactly what happened between Riley and Leon, and what Matthew did to them. He wasn't that concerned for Matthew right now. He knew Matthew would pull through until the end of the game. He knew Matthew wouldn't leave the team, so he let them silently go for now.

Riley was asked by SportsNet to do an interview with Johnny's parents. Johnny's parents had done Sportsnet interviews before and everybody loved them, so they decided to add Riley on to make it more family-related.

She did it during the 1st intermission and she thought she did pretty good. They asked basic questions that weren't hard to answer and the sportscaster was pretty nice so it went smoothly.

She forgot that in the locker rooms they play the live broadcast. Leon was in a trance when Riley popped up on the small TV in the locker room. She looked amazing as always. But, there was one thing that caught his attention. She was wearing his hat. He was absolutely baffled, he had thought she had moved on and never thought about him again, but here she was wearing his favorite hat.

Connor was talking to Leon about plays when he noticed Leon stopped answering him. He looked at Leon and noticed his fixated gaze on the TV. He smiled when he saw Riley on the screen. Then he noticed what made Leon so baffled. She was wearing his favorite lucky hat that Leon spent weeks bitching about losing. He didn't lose it, Riley had it.

"She wearing my hat," He heard Leon whisper.

Connor clapped him on the back. "She is. Now, you've going to play like you never have because your girl is wearing your lucky hat," He encouraged him. "You didn't lose the hat buddy. She had it the entire time."

A chuckle of disbelief came out of Leon's mouth. He spent weeks searching for his lucky hat. He asked everybody if they had seen it. He searched his entire house over and over. But, his lucky person had his lucky hat and was wearing it.

Leon suddenly felt very hyped for the second period. He was going to show her how good he could be. Even though she already knew...

It was currently 3-2 The Flames are winning, Leon had scored the only two goals on the scoresheet, and there were 10 minutes left in the game. It was only the first game, so it didn't really matter what the outcome was, but Riley couldn't decide which team she wanted to win. She wanted to support Leon in every way she could after what she did to him, but that was her brother.

It was exactly 9:32 seconds when Leon Draisaitl got a playoffs hat trick. They were playing in Calgary, so there were only a few people cheering but Riley was as happy as she could be. They were tied still nobody was winning, nobody was losing, and Leon has a hat trick. She was smiling widely and discreetly clapping for him. The Jumbotron did a closeup of Leon's smiling face, and Riley felt at peace. She was reviving some weird looking because of her bright and smiling face, but she didn't care at that moment. Meredith came behind her and side hugged her, she knew everything about the two of them and seeing Riley so happy made Meredith happy.

9 minutes later Elias put the puck in the back of the net with 30 seconds left on the clock. Declaring the Flames with the first game win at 4-3. Annica, Elias' girlfriend, pulled all of us into a hug, and a few celebration yells happened. We were all happy, but there was always that nagging feeling in the back of Riley's head. What about Leon?

Leon couldn't think, he didn't play his hardest, he didn't show Riley. He couldn't get her back. He walked into the locker room feeling like shit. Everybody else was a little bummed, but it was only the first game they still had time. He let this affect him too much, and it was all because of her.

Connor saw the sadness in his best friend's body language. He was tuned out, not listening to anybody, and his head has been down for 10 minutes. He knew that Leon felt disappointed in himself for not winning in front of Riley. With one last look at Leon, Connor set out on a journey.