Twenty

CHAPTER TWENTY

AMBUSHED

●○●○●

"I'll wager the sun in on the rise" I heard Bofur claim as my eyes adjusted to the light surrounding me, "Must be nearly dawn" he finished as I moved slightly opening my tired eyes ever so slowly.

"Were never gonna reach the Mountain, are we?", I heard ori mumble to the cell next to Kili and mine. I adjusted my eyesight completely trying to move but feeling a strong arm wrapped around my waist. I smiled to myself slowly moving his arm from around me, I gently stroked his hair from his face before gently shaking Kili awake.

"Bilbo", I heard Balin shout before I instantly ran myself into the cell door, grunting slightly trying to see where he was and if he was in good shape.

"Sh! There are guards, nearby!", I heard Bilbo hiss slightly.

He opened his eyes slowly as I continued to brush his face with my hand, "wakey, wakey sleepy head, my uncles busting us out of here." , Kili immediately stood to his feet, helping me up as well before leaning against the cell door, as my uncle unlocked it from the outside.

The moment the cell door opened I embraced my uncle whilst he hugged back almost instantly. "Come on", I whispered to the Dwarves who all heard as I pushed past the Dwarves in front of me and down to where the wine cellar had been, I figured it would be safe, as there would probably only be a few guards down there.

"Come on", Bilbo said gesturing for everyone to keep following us two. Soon enough it looked like we were in a wine cellar with two drunken elves snoring their noses off on the tables in front of us.

"I don't believe it, we're in the cellars", Kili complained aloud before I whipped my body around to face him, he stopped I his tracks looking down at me. I grasped the collar of his shirt, pulling him slightly down to my height, he was at least 2 inches shorter than me. At least that's what he says it is.

"Trust me", I smirked slightly as he glanced from my eyes to my lips repeatedly, tying to control his smirk that was slowly forming on his face. "there's a way out, but there won't be if you don't keep your mouth shut", I let go of his collar, looking to the rest of the Dwarves, "That goes for everyone", I whispered as they all nodded their heads in agreement, they looked shocked, like wow Kili just got told by a girl shocked. "Okay this way, this way". I pulled them towards my uncle and the empty barrels that laid in front of us.

"Into the barrels, quickly", my uncle announces as we all started climbing into the barrels, but I knew what my uncle had in mind.

"Are you mad? They'll find us", Dwalin exclaimed not trusting the words of my uncle making my stomach turn hearing voices from up above coming down into the cellar. The elves were coming, and if we didn't get in them barrels soon we would get caught.

"no. no they won't! I promise you. Please. Please. You must trust me", Bilbo said trying to put some knowledge into their empty heads for once, but they all froze glances between Thorin and I. Thorin's gaze fell on me looking for confirmation.

"Do it", I nodded my head towards Thorin before he turned from me looking to all the other Dwarves.

"Do as he says", Thorin ordered as the rest of the Dwarves started to climb into the barrels. The voices becoming clearer by the minute.

"What do we do now", I heard bofur ask Bilbo in curiosity. I poked my head out of the barrel as did everyone else did looking to the small hobbit at the end of the barrels, and I knew exactly what he was going to do.

"Hold your breath", Bilbo ordered pulling a lever

"Hold your breath? What do you mean?", bofur questioned himself before we began tilting as we started to toll off the floor and falling into the deep water below us, getting soaked instantly. The water was rough, it almost to quickly pulling us with the rapid current.

"Well done, master Baggins" Thorin smiled to my uncle before looking to me as Bilbo raised his hand and dismissed it. "Thank you, Alissa", he smiled slightly before I sent him a smile in return. "Go, come on lets go", Thorin yelled as we pushed ourselves with the rapids trying our best to leave Mirkwood. But my breath caught the moment I saw a water fall just a years in front of us.

"Hold on", Balin yelled as we all started to roll down the wooden platform.

"Oh my go-", I was cut off by falling instantly, screaming in horror before I hit the water, knowing id be completely soaked before I reach the top. The moment we came up from above the water, I saw the gate just ahead of us, but that wasn't all, I saw Legolas running, armed with weaponry, beside the barrels with his bow in hand.

Oh no. this isn't very good.

"Shut the gate", Legolas yelled furiously as one of the guards instantly pulled the leaver just before we had reached the gate.

Not good at all.

"no!" Thorin yelled from up front just as I looked up and saw an arrow piece through one of the Elf guards being replaced by an Orc that came up behind him.

"Oh no", I mumbled my stomach turning almost instantly before an Orc was about to lunge after us. "Watch out", I shouted, the Orc coming directly towards me before his eye was pierced with an Elven arrow as he smashed against the water, making me turn my head to see Legolas nod once I made eye contact with him. I smiled in gratitude before turning my attention back to thorin

"Get over the bridge" Thorin yelled just as suddenly Bilbo used his sword to stab one of the Orcs, falling to the water. I looked up and eyes the lever that could help us be released, but before I could do anything, Kili jumped over the barrels and onto the rock floor by the gate. I continued to dodge the rocks away from myself, pushing them against the rocks, watching them splash into the water.

"Kili", I heard Fili yell, as my heart instantly dropped, I whipped my head towards Kili, seeing an arrow deeply impelled into his thigh as my breath caught.

"Kili", I yelled in horror watching him pull the lever, falling to the ground grunting in pain, his hand gripping his thigh as I tried to push myself up from the barrel, but Fili pulled my back.

"No, Alissa", he shouted pulling me back before more elves ran out, shooting out all the Orcs before I noticed she-Elf whose name was Tauriel running out and helping us as well. The open barrel that belonged to Kili was right next to mine as he stumbled forward before filling in, the arrow snapping digging even deeper into his skin before we fell down the river even more.