Forty

CHAPTER FORTY

'MAKE MATTERS ONLY WORSE'

●○●○●

We all pushed through the gates of Erebor, we held our weapons, and the dwarves snored louder than ever. It wakes me up in the process. He shifted his weight, turned his entire body, looked up at the rooftop of the kingdom, and exhaled deeply annoyedly. I turned my body before lifting myself off the back of the bolder I had been laying against.

I woke up quietly to make sure no one woke me up, while I was only disturbing myself. I began to slowly move away from the dark, cramped horde of dwarfs, and before I looked up, I saw something completely beyond my imagination. My uncle, Bilbo, was a little hobbit.

"uncle", I asked him softly, terrifying Bilbo in the course of what he was doing. He tied a wide rope around the rock, slowly pushing him out the door, allowing him to safely do whatever he wanted, his way, safely. "What are you doing up so late"

"Allisa", my uncle beathed out with a sigh. "You wouldn't understand how this all came to be, but", He paused, and I looked at him completely confused as he shifted his weight slightly from the uncomfortable position. "I have the Arkenstone. I've held onto it since the moment I found it back with Smaug was still under the Mountain and in the room with gold", I nodded his head, understanding every word he said. I already knew he had Arkenstone, but I didn't know why he kept it from Thorin. This answered when my uncle spoke. "If I would've given Thorin the Arkenstone, it would've made matters only worse"

"Well, what are you going to do", I asked as soon as he began to sit confidently on the rope, and I looked at him confusedly. He fiddled with the rope before making direct eye contact with him.

"I'm going to fix all of this", He exhaled with a serious and hopeful face. "I'm going to fix all of this with every ounce in me." He declared, looking at both of us with understanding. Bilbo tried to settle for something more daring

"wait", Exhaling, I moved closer to my uncle and gave him a deep, precious hug. I closed my eyes, knowing that I had to be in my uncle's arms again. "Be safe okay," I breathed out breaking the embrace. "And whatever you do be strong I watched his uncle come down safely as he nodded his head slowly in agreement and grabbed the rope completely so no one could see it.

I turned around hoping that no one had ever seen what my uncle and I had just discussed, especially Bilbo leaving in the middle of the night. I sighed contentedly, praying, and hoping to see nothing, and hastily looked around before walking towards the sleeping dwarfs. I turned and sat back down by the pillar, walking slowly around the various sleeping figures in front of me.

I took a deep breath and leaned my head against the pole just behind me, hoping and praying that one day my uncle would return safely before the sun went down.