Twenty-Nine

CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE

AWOKE THE BEAST

●○●○●

I started to fidget a bit in the chair next to Kili. I opened my eyes, looked around the room and noticed that I must have been asleep and Fili sitting by the fire with sleeping bofur and Oin. Fili was leaned over, resting his elbows onto his thighs as I looked down to my side.

I noticed little blood seeping through the bandage, and looking to my left, I saw Sigrid sitting in a chair and Tilda sleeping peacefully on her lap. And my eyes rested on Kili, who was lying and sleeping in front of me. I rested my forearm against the table, my chin resting on my forearm as I watched Kili's breath escape from his slightly opened mouth.

Her eyes were closed, no sweat was dripping from his forearm, his face was rid of the pale tint, and his skin tone was now coming to life. When I looked down at his hand, his hair was lying on his forearm. I took his soft hand and placed my hand gently on his palm, watching his chest move up and down with even breaths. I sat and pondered, thinking about what this really meant in my life. I wonder if this is really my destiny, my uncle and I are destined to travel through the lands of Middle earth. I exhaled a deep breath I had been holding before placing a gentle kiss upon Kili's hand.

*Bilbo's POV*

"This is not your kingdom." Thorin shouted from the top of the Dwarf statue. "This is the land of the Dwarves." Thorin said proudly. "It's Dwarf Gold." I got up under the carpet as Smaug hissed and hid behind one of the pillars. - And we will get revenge - Thorin put his hands on the chains and the rest of the Dwarves followed his actions. Thorin then shouted something in his own language before pulling the chains that each Dwarf began to encircle a large stone pillar.

It revealed a giant, broad, gold statue of one of Thorin's ancestors from the Dwarfin days as I watched Smaug look to the gold in amazement and in awe, reflecting off od his scale. The dragon was fascinated by the gigantic pure gold statue before anything else happened. It slowly began to crumble, seeping through the ground and falling onto Smaug when the dragon was stunned in rage. As he began to completely cover Smaug, I quickly ran away before he could even approach me. While we all watched the victory, the dread dragon fell completely into the molten metal.

Is he gone?

But then all of a sudden, Smaug jumped from the gold, raging with anger as he began to frail his wings into the air, running towards an opening of the Mountain as my stomach dropped.

"Revenge?!" Smaug, mimicking Thorin's " revenge!" shouted. He headed to the exit of Erebor and called. "I will show you." he stopped talking " revenge!" And at that very moment he broke through the front of Erebor, and I quickly ran out of the hall of the Mountain kingdom. I made my way out the Mountain as fast as I could and saw Smaug flying towards Lake-Town. Alissa, Kili, Fili, all... they were all there. I watched in horror as Smaug was getting closer and closer to Lake-Town.

"What have we done?"