Forty-Five

CHAPTER FORTY-FIVE

FIRST EXPERIENCE WITH DEATH

●○●○●

"Bilbo", Thorin and I both breathed out in satisfaction, happy to see such a wonderful face appear at such a time as this. I needed to see a face that was familiar too me, as if it would calm me down.

"You have to leave now, now", Bilbo exclaimed quickly, causing us to look to him in confusion. "Azog has another army, attacking from the north", he stated causing me to take another step closer. "This watchtower will be completely surrounded, they'll be no way out", my heart sunk to the pit of my stomach, knowing something seemed off.

"We are so close", Dwalin stated. "That Orc scum in in there", he grumbles in anger. "I say we push on-"

"No! That's what he wants", Thorin demands as we all look to him in a questioning look from his remark. "He wants to draw us in", he breaths out. "This is a trap", he grumbles in frustration as I looked to him in concern thinking of Fili and Kili, "find Kili and Fili, call them back"

"Thorin, are you sure about this?", Dwalin questioned, my though racing on what g could possibly wrong in this situation.

"Do it", Thorin ordered. "We live to fight another day", Thorin stated, my gaze falling to Dwalin as we exchanged uneasy glances before the beating of drums, the hollers of goblins, and the sounds of Orc were coming from the top of Ravenhill. We followed the noises before stopping just in front of a frozen river beneath the cliffside, seeing the shadows of torched being seen up above into an opening.

Then Fili, bloody, broken, and in pain, was instantly appeared being held by none other than the evil Azog.

"FILI!", I yelled in fear, feeling my heart drop to the pit of my stomach just by sharing at the painful and fearful expression on Fili's face. "no", I breathed out in a whisper watching Azog spoke in black speech about the death of the line of Durin, or some shit. Fili looked at me, hopelessly as he was dangled by Azog like a fish on a hook.

"Go,", he shouted out as I shook my head, knowing what was about to happen, my hands beginning to shake, my legs beginning to feel weak. "Run!", Fili shouted with tears before in almost an instant, Azog had impaled Fili, the end of the blade sticking out of his chest as blood began to drip from the end of the blade.

"NO!", I screamed in pain, the physical aching grief, the terrible heart ripping pain in just a mere moment. My voice was cracking as I screamed as my mouth became drier than it already was. His eyes never left mine before his head drooped down, the life being instantly taken away from his body. "FILI!", I shouted at the top of my lungs as tears started to roll down my cold cheeks, my heart breaking and shattering into millions of pieces in just a matter of seconds.