Ch. 23 Back to the Beginning

Sitting near the window, I was looking out. The year ended now it was time for everyone to go home, but for me, it meant going back to the orphanage. I didn't want to stay there. After spending so much time in that large room with comfortable bed and actually good food... I just can't go back to the orphanage, but I don't know what to do. I don't want to run away from the orphanage, but I can't stay, as I was thinking about all this I heard.

"So Jon where what are your plans for this summer?" Ted asked, and the girls looked at me as well, apparently they were talking about what all of them were going to do.

I looked at Ted and said, "Well, now that I have a good handle on Runes I am thinking of putting it to practical use and might read some more books, teach myself something... new."

Victoria looked at me and asked, "How will you do that? We aren't supposed to use magic outside."

I looked at her and shook my head and hummed, "Well, I am working on it..."

Daphne looked at me and said, "If you don't mind, you can come to my house."

Everyone looked at her, and she said, "What?" She looked at me and said, "I'm trying to help him."

I smiled and said, "Well, thank you, Daphne, I'll think about it."

The Rest of the ride went on easy we talked and ate, and shortly we reached the station.

----------------------------------------------------------

We reached the king's cross station, and we all got off the train with our luggage and our pets. I got off the train and put my trunk down and stretched, I looked around and then suddenly Victoria grabbed my hand and was dragging me. Fortunately, was able to quickly pick up my trunk. She was walking through people and I said, "My hand will come off, Victoria slow down, where are you taking me?"

She was dragging me, and then she stopped just as suddenly. I put my trunk down and said, "We really need to work on this Victoria. You can't just drag me like a Muppet." I dusted my clothes and when I looked up I saw James and Lily Potter.

James had good height and rather good build his hair had some whites. Time has not been kind to this man. He looked tired, and it was apparent from his eyes. He was wearing a sweater vest, plain blue shirt and brown trousers.

Lily didn't even look that old. She looked the same as the photos we saw in the movies, she aged well, might have something to do with potions who know. They were an odd couple, seeing how she had radiant skin and no hair to be seen whatsoever. She was wearing a yellow sundress with white floral print. She also had a brown purse.

I looked at them and James looked at me and squinted and asked Victoria "Who is this young man Tori?"

I looked at Victoria and teasingly said, "Tori, huh?~"

Victoria's cheek was flushed, she looked at me, but then she looked forwards and said, "This is Jonathan Beeston, my friend, Jonathan these are my parents."

As soon as James heard my name, his expression changed. It looked like he had sucked on a lime wedge. He then looked at us. Victoria was still holding my hand, but now she was squeezing it tightly.

I held her hand and smiled. I looked at them and said, "Hello, I am Jonathan Beeston. I am your daughter's friend, it's nice to meet you guys." I offered my hand, and James reluctantly shook my hand it was a rather week grip he quicklu shook my hand and then continued to stare at me. Victoria and lily looked at James.

Lily then smiled and said, "So you are Jonathan, we have heard a lot about you from our daughter."

I smiled and said, "Nothing bad, I hope." She smiled while James did a little grunt.