"I DON'T WANT TO DIE"

Dima drove with so much speed and steadiness, he had three injured people in the car. Kervyn kept staring at Mara, he combed her hair with his hard fingers, and her eyes slowly closed due to the loss of blood, Kervyn tapped her soft cheeks.

"Mara, please don't close your eyes, don't die, we are on our way to the hospital" Kervyn cried, Mara, lifted her eyelids slowly and brushed Kervyn's tears with her bloody finger.

"I,...[COUGHS]... I don't want to die Kervyn..." Mara coughed. Kervyn smoothened her hair from her face.

"No...no, no! you wouldn't die, as long as I am here...Dima! Hurry!" Kervyn roared from the backseat, Dima pressed the accelerators and speeded down to the hospital. The car finally stopped in front of the hospital, Demyan jumped down from the car and pulled the doors of the backseat open and placed Mara on the stretcher. Kervyn rushed along with the nurses.

"Sir, please wait here!" One of the nurses stopped Kervyn. Gedeon was also rushed to the cleaning room, alongside Mara. Dima, Kervyn and Demyan waited behind. Kervyn walked to the restroom and washed his face with cold water. He grabbed his shirt in his fist and groaned in pain.

"Mara! Please don't die!" He cried. This was the second time Kervyn has ever cried, since the death of his mother, he chose not to cry under any circumstances and now his wife's life is between death and lifeline. There was a soft knock on the door, Kervyn washed the tears off and wiped his wet face with a toilet towel. He opened the door gently, and Dima stared at him with a comforting smile. 

"Kervyn, are you alright?" Dima asked when Kervyn stepped out of the washroom.
~" Yeah...!" Kervyn sniffed.

[KERVYN SIGHS]

"So what did the doctors say?" Kervyn asked. Dima sighed and faced him. "Oh yeah,... he wants to see you..." Kervyn stared at him worriedly and patted Dima's shoulders before running down the halls.

**********************************

"Mr Orlov... your wife is one lucky lady...she survived the bullet hit and also the baby is safe... not harmed." The doctor smiled, clasping his hands together. Kervyn stared at him confused. 

"Sorry doctor, I didn't get what you said,...I,[STAMMERING] I, don't think you are talking of the right person. .. Did you say My wife has a baby or?" Kervyn argued. The doctor laughed enjoying Kervyn's reaction. 

"Mr Orlov,... I know who exactly I refer to, Mrs Orlov is fine and so is your baby alive... both are in good health...you can go in shortly to see for yourself." He smiled before patting Kervyn's shoulders. Kervyn turned as soon as the doctor walked away, Dima and Demyan stood feet away and gave him a smile and a strong thumbs up. He knocked faintly before opening it to walk in. Mara's eyes met his, she smiled tiredly. He stood by the door still aghast by the news. She tapped the empty side of the bed for him to sit, He walked slowly and sat gently beside her.

"Ker...Kervyn... I, just want to say thank you!" She bowed her head. He remained quiet and dragged his hand to touch her belly. She gasped quietly when she realised what he was doing.

"Why... why [STAMMERING] didn't you tell me...[INHALES] that you are pregnant?" He stared at her teary. She looked away in guilt.

[SILENCE-LONG LASTING SILENCE]

"I didn't know if you wanted a child." She sobbed. He pulled her into his arms and hugged her.
"Mara!... I have always wanted a child... at least from you... I love you Mara but you don't seem to see it, since the night I laid my eyes on you in the club, now and forever... "He whispered into her hair, he combed her silky curls with his other hand and rubbed her abdomen with his other hand. She sighed and thought.

"Kervyn!,...what about the contract?" She stared at him. He looked at her and snapped his finger loudly. Dima and Demyan walked in with a pen and the contract. Kervyn took the pen and signed the contract before tearing it to pieces. Her eyes widened and her mouth dropped ajar.

"K..er..vyn!" She stared in shock.
~" What?" He chuckled.

"You just tore the contract" She blinked continuously. 
~" Y..e..s! And I told Maltida to send your profit to your account." Mara remained quiet.

"But,..." She looked away sadly, kervyn stopped her.
"No, but, you are my wife...and besides it's the 53rd day, so...no evidence of the contract, you remain my faithful wife." He said staring into her eyes. She squealed happily and hugged him tightly.

"Hmm, I see... Mr Orlov!" She chuckled.
"Tell me whatever you want...name it, and I will get it immediately. Mrs Orlov" He teased. They both laughed. Dima and Demyan laughed at them. The door opened, and Gedeon walked in with a smile and an outstretched arm, his left leg and right hand were cast. He hugged Mara gently and gave Kervyn, Dima and Demyan a pat on the back.

"Good to have you back, Gedeon" Kervyn smiled.

"Cómo está mi sobrino pequeño?" (How is my little nephew

They all laughed.

A/N