78. remember

Writing the last parts of this book has been quite difficult. I've spent hours on end brainstorming, writing incomplete poems, listening to music or reading books for inspiration, getting ideas that are 'just the tip of the iceberg' but never formulated in a way that flows with my creative style.

My intention was to write something that'll perfectly capture everything I've written thus far, and in the process of doing so I forgot the essence of this book and what I was trying to capture with it. I didn't start it to write perfect poems or prose, I started this book to document my struggles and growth as an artist, writer, and most importantly a being. I wrote it to document my mind's expression;

It is A Diary of Soul after all.

Sometimes, as we progress through our respective journeys we forget the reason why we embark on them in the first place. Sometimes when we make achievements or prevail over challenges the effect of those positive events overcomes us in such a way that it replaces the central purpose of whatever vision or project we're making effort to achieve.

I had a spike in engagement for a while and made the mistake of attaching the value of my work to the quality of engagement I got. As it dropped, so did my spirits. I made the mistaking of placing increased support at the throne of my Vision. This made me perceive a loss where there had been none and crippled my writing for a while.

My introspective moments make me glad, because it was then that I realised how off track I had gone. This realisation gave me the opportunity to remove the jar I had placed over my candle, and brought to remembrance my reason for starting in the first place.

Your Why should be kept close. It should be the song at the tip of your tongue and the breath that fills your lungs, lest Distraction's luxurious veils shields your eyes and with a blurry focus your Why flees from your mind.

Eureka!

I have found it, I remember.
And I hope you do too.

16:39
07.03.23