Jet and joker

Jet and joker

Both boys reached the street where their residence was, talking and giggling at something. They passed by several thugs and criminals who lurked they're usually. The neighbourhood was not considered a standard living and had so many people who had illegal businesses running like local shops.

The houses were big and luxurious and people were rich but still, this neighbourhood didn't fall under the elite class, these people were regarded as dangerous and filthy for their way of making money.

Well...... they shouldn't be judged simply because not everyone is born with a silver spoon.

While laughing and passing by many strangers, at some point Mickey and Mago have forgotten about the incident that happened a few hours ago until they were reminded of it.

Three SUV's rushed past them aiming toward Mago's residence. With a rough estimate, seven men dressed in very expensive clothes climbed out of the vehicles, straightening themselves, some of them started smoking while looking around.

Mickey gasped when he realized who could they be, making Mago flinch at him. Mago understood after a few minutes and just to catch up, he also gasped a little more loudly than Mickey. The other looked at him unamused and Mago shrugged at him nonchalantly.

"do you have any idea who are they?" Mickey asked slightly fed up with Mago and his carefree behaviour.

"I know, but you behaved like you have seen some kind of animal that is going to attack you out of nowhere," he said and started walking towards his own house followed by Mickey who was horrified to even get close.

He was scared shitless

When they reached, Mago remained nonchalant where Mickey sweated buckets. The men looked at them and stood straight gaining their strict posture back.

Professional

One of the men who looked like he was in charge of them, came forward. He was taller than both of the boys, his black suit adorned with several gadgets over his clothing, and a gun peeking out of his belt made him look like a superhero of some game.

He was handsome if you ask Mago

Mago was thankful none of his family members were outside or near them otherwise, he would have his cover blown up. Wandering his eyes here and there he composed himself before walking towards the men who were watching him with interest.

The man in charge waited for them to get near him but when they did, Mago walked past them not even glancing at the intimidating people.

The audacity

"Which one of you is Mago?" the man yelled making them both halt in their steps. He smirked knowing that he was still daunting.

No one messes with king

The question was direct and without any excuse. The incharge didn't put any effort into knowing them or introducing himself, his demeanour firm and face strict, a clear indication to the boys that the men were from the king himself.

Either they were here to take Mago or worse teach him a lesson about his lies.

Both options were not ideal in his opinion.

Now the question is, how to get away from them?

Mickey was scared of being often indulged in some stuff like this. He has seen people killing and being killed several times for Petty acts like theft or shoplifting. A vision of his friend's death doesn't seem very appreciating so he opted for truth, thinking that honesty can get them to stay alive for some more time.