Chapter 53 - An empty person

P'Kim went to the bathroom and came back with a towel and a little bowl of water. I started to whip Matteo's body, being very careful not to get his bandage wet. I was nervous, I am always nervous these days.

"Angel, do you want to rest? You can sleep until lunch is ready, and then we can go down there during the afternoon." P'Kim says, and Matteo automatically looks at us, worried

"What happened?" he asks

"Chay had a nightmare last night, and it wasn't very good..." P'Kim says

"Love, are you okay?" Matteo asks, coming for my hand and then caressing it

"I'm good now, it was just a bad dream." I say also trying to convince myself of the same thing

"We can lay here if you want, be with you while you sleep." Matteo suggests "I should also stay in bed a little longer, I'm still a bit confused because of all the medication."

"Okay then, let's stay here for a little longer." They smile at me

I lay on the bed and hugged Matteo's arm. I wanted to use his chest as a pillow, but I couldn't for obvious reasons, so I used his arm as a teddy bear. I feel P'Kim hugging me and putting his leg over mine and Matteo's. I felt much better like this.

I was a bit uneasy, I hadn't had a nightmare in a long time, and last night, it brought it all back. I could see myself locked in a house, scared of getting out of the room. I could feel everything again, every touch, every scratch, every bite. Now, I'm scared of going back to sleep, I don't want to have more nightmares. I think that, but I'm surprised by P'Kim's hand caressing my hair as he starts to sing, his first song for me, but in a lullaby. I smile when I hear him, and I allow myself to relax and let go of the bad thoughts and bad energies. I almost feel like I'm lying among clouds in a fluffy white cotton while I hear an angelic voice.

I felt asleep. A much needed sleep where I could rest and recharge and be woken up by P'Kim leaving little kisses on my neck. I wanted to sleep more, but I couldn't.

"Angel, wake up..." He says and gives me another little kiss "It's lunch time..."

"Hmm..."

"I miss hearing those "hms" in other situations..." Matteo says, and I laugh

"Not even when you're hurt..." I say, laughing, and get up "Do you need help?" I ask Matteo

"No, I'm good. I'm just going to the bathroom."

P'Kim and I wait for Matteo, and then we go downstairs. Matteo either has the best pain tolerance I can think of or he has a lot of painkillers in his blood flow. It was already past lunch time, they let me sleep in, so we ate alone. I cut Matteo's food so it would be easier for him.

We talked normally throughout lunch, mostly about Christmas because, in spite of everything that's happening, this is the first Christmas we'll spend together. I'm so excited to see them in Christmas sweaters and setting up the Christmas tree...

"Why haven't we set up the tree yet?" I ask "There's only a week left before Christmas; I thought the house would be filled with light and everyone would be walking around with red hats!"

"I don't know." Matteo says now looking around and realising the same thing. "Aunty is usually the one that does the decorations. It is strange."

"I'm going to ask her." I say getting up

I look around for Aunty and say hello to the bodyguards that smile at me and at the same time look a bit worried. I completely forgot to do my makeup, it's not like they didn't know, maybe seeing my purple neck is different.