1 Year of A Broken Heart

­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­Hello beautiful people! How are you?

Different kind of chapter, but a special day. Before anything, no, I didn't forget about the epilogue; I'm writing it. Now, let's have a little talk.

I started reading books when I was 8 years old. I loved it, it was like a movie in my head anytime I wanted. I was a lonely kid, I didn't have many friends, but I had books, and that was enough for me. I was happy reading, but then I read a book that made me want to write. I was twelve when I read Harry Potter for the first time. I didn't care about who wrote the book; I was just so in love with the story that when I finished, I just thought, I want to write like this someday.

As time went on, I started writing a little thing here and another little thing there, but the more I read, the less I would write. Writing was my dream, but I read so many good books that, for some reason, I was just losing confidence. In my head, my dream was silly because I would never be as good as those writers. I'm still far from being the next Cassandra Clare, but I can write and I can practise to become that. At least I know that now.

I don't know what happened last year, I was looking for a KimChay fanfic to read, but I couldn't find one that was what I wanted it to be. They were good, but it wasn't the plotline I wanted to read, so in my head I was like: "Fuck it, I'm going to write it myself."

I started writing with just one idea in mind: I wanted Kim to regret doing what he did to Porchay. I knew Korn would be the main villain, but I needed something else, so I thought: Let's add another person and that's when Matteo came along. It wasn't planned, but I started seeing a lot of trouples on Pinterest, and I decided the three would end up together.

I had some things planned, but I didn't think much about the entire thing. There were times when I realised there were plot holes, and I just did my best to cover them up. The story isn't perfect, and I did a lot of thinking to try and make it the best I could.

Finishing this story a couple days ago showed me I was capable. I have so many notebooks with unfinished stories, horrible plots, with characters that I don't understand. These three, they were the first times that I did exactly what I wanted and that I trusted what I was doing.

It was amazing to write this throughout the year; somehow, it gave me strength to continue because I knew I had people waiting for the next update. I saw new people arriving, and I was happy writing and posting.

I'm really grateful for this journey, it was really important for me as a person, and it helped me grow and gain a little confidence in myself.

Answering some questions now, before I get too sentimental:

Am I going to write another book?

Yes, it's going to be a PrapaiSky fanfic where Prapai is KinnPorsche's son. I'm not telling more because I'm anti-spoilers.

Am I going to write more KimChay or KimMattChay/MattKimChay?

Also, yes, I just need a break because I wrote them for such a long time, and I also want to write other things.

Will there be A Broken Heart season 2?

I was actually really surprised that more than one person asked for this. I still don't know, I need to think about it and see if I can come up with another plot and connect everything. It's a maybe.

What about Yuri and Macau?

I had already decided I would write a short story about Yuri and Macau, as well as about Damiano and Tay. They even have titles and covers. I'm just planning everything because I really want to write my PrapaiSky fanfic and I also want to write their stories. I also want everything to be well written, so please be patient with me.

What is your writing routine like?

I like to mix writing and watching a series. When I'm on my computer, I always have the file open, but I can't write all the time; I'm tired, I work, and I study, so I try to think things through before I write. I put on a series, and I think while watching it. It's usually something that I have already seen, so I don't miss anything.

I think that the more you write, the better you get at it. I'm not inspired every day, but I need to push through that and write. I'm very critical of my work, but I also promised myself that I would try to post one chapter per week, so I use that as motivation.

Sometimes I write better than others, but the important thing is that I write.

Do you come up with ideas in the moment, or do you plan?

A bit of both. I have a mental list of things that I want to write about, and I'll write more to backup those. I think you always need a base for what you want to write, but you should also follow your gut.

I have a friend who only writes when he has the entire story lined up. On the other hand, to me, I just need to have an idea that I like, and I'll write something and see it from there. I think it's something personal, a preference.

Tips?

I think the best tip I can give is to try to write every day. I think you kind of mould your brain to the idea of writing and the act.

Another tip is to take notes on anything important that happens. And if your story has a lot of flashbacks or something like that, do a scheme with the dates and the ages of the characters so you don't mix them up.

Be receptive to good criticism. It's your story, but someone else is reading it. I think it's really important to keep in mind that the reader sees the story differently and that criticism can be used to take the writer out of their little bubble. That's one of the reasons I think it's so important to read the comments, because it brings the author into the reader's perspective. I don't know if this makes sense.

Know right away that not everybody will like what you write. Good comments are great, but there will also be bad comments. You can't please everyone, and that's alright.

When I was writing the end of this fanfic, I was really nervous because I didn't want to disappoint my readers, but I had a close friend tell me, "You should be more focused on not disappointing yourself instead of others. It's your book after all." A great friend told me that, and the message I want to pass on is that you should always keep in mind that the first person you need to make happy is yourself.

I don't know more; I think that's all I have to say for now.

I almost forgot... Yes, the epilogue is going to have smut, maybe I'll even do an only smut epilogue. I'm still deciding.

I also read a comment about the title, and if you are curious about it, I'm going to explain it. I'm really bad with titles and names. I spent almost a week deciding the title, and it ended up being "A Broken Heart" because Porchay had a broken heart. I know this probably isn't the explanation you were expecting, but it's the truth. After that, I just tried to connect it with things that were going to happen and hoped it would make sense in the end.

I really want to thank each and every one of you because you helped make this journey unforgettable, and I honestly hope to see you in my next story. You were the first people who gave my writing a chance, so even if I don't know most of you, you'll always have a little space in my heart <3