Chapter Nine

"I love you so much."

-

My mind was in a fog all morning, and it was hard to focus on anything else. I couldn't keep my mind from wandering off as I sat at the table the next morning and ate breakfast.

Which wasn't breakfast at all. It was more of a bottle of water and staring at the table for thirty minutes while I tried getting my mind ready for the day.

Jordyn left early that morning to go into work. She did wake me up to tell me she was awake, and she was getting ready for work. I stayed in bed afterwards because I was too tired to wake up that early.

But what I was having trouble was, besides waking up and staying awake, was the fact that I had a voice in my head repeating the same thing over again. I couldn't figure out whose voice it was, but it was in the back of my head.

They were telling me they love me, and it confused me because it wasn't anyone's voice that I recognized.

It wasn't Jackson's or Amanda's.

It wasn't Jordyn's.

I couldn't figure out who it was, and it was driving me insane.

The whole morning consisted of me trying to get my head to stop repeating the words over, but I couldn't stop it.

When morning classes came around, I was in the back of the room trying to focus on work. I kept hearing the voice in my head and it made me start twitching, which gained some attention from other kids.

They all looked at me like I was a freak, which in this case I was. I had an unknown voice inside my head saying shit to me that I didn't believe, not one bit.

After my morning classes were over, I walked outside to my bike. I was ready to leave for lunch, but I wasn't going to grab anything to eat because my plans were to go to that abandoned house and chill all day.

My head was making me feel weird.

I had a text from Amanda, telling me that Jordyn was taking me to my therapy session again. I ignored it and was more than ready to hop on my bike and leave for a while.

Jordyn would understand.

She's always understanding when it comes to getting away from everything.

Last time I skipped school back in my Sophomore year, she met me outside of the school when I came back because Amanda was here. She talked me outside for a minute to tell me that everyone was worried about where I was and I shouldn't have ran off.

When I told her I needed space and some breathing room, she understood and she talked to Amanda and the principal for me to explain to them why I skipped school.

Of course at that time, I was still a little more mentally unstable than I am now. I had to be closely watched every second because it was only a year that I had got out of the hospital.

But Jordyn was there to understand everything, and that's why she's my best friend.

So, leaving now wouldn't do anything because Jordyn would understand.

As I was ready to get my helmet on, I felt someone grab my sides and pull me backwards towards them. I sighed before moving away from them then placing my helmet on the seat of my bike.

"Jordyn, stop." I looked around before hearing a voice that didn't belong to Jordyn.

I turned towards Jackson as he was standing behind me. He had a confused look on his face, but also a smile that made me look around for a moment.