Chapter 10: Split

Warning: Violence and kidnapping. If this triggers you please go to the next chapter.

"I never told..." Alan trails off, furrowing his eyebrows while looking at the event with confusion and anger. Everything was going so well for him; the last thing he expected was an unscheduled raid. 'Who had made the call?'

"We need to leave fast," Jade demanded as the warm feeling turned hotter and her body felt weaker. She snapped her fingers to see if her powers were still working and felt a small glimmer of hope when she saw a small spark. 'It might not be enough to protect anyone but it will do.' 

"Dragon Hero, you heard the queen! we need to get a move on!" Diego shouted, picking Jade up bride style. He glanced down at the horrified sheep and became annoyed at the guilt he was feeling for him. "Yo, do not just lay there! Unless you want to become a chew-up toy, you need to get a move on!"

"I will protect her too." The badger beastman stated as he limped his way over to them. Long since snapped out of his daze, Alan caught the man by surprise when he picked him up and put him over his shoulder. He took off with the group, not wanting to waste a single second.

 "HEY!" 

"Listen, badger man, if you want to help, save your energy for when we are facing someone." Alan ordered, keeping his pace. The badger shut his mouth at the statement, but his unpleased expression stayed glued. 

"The name is Akagi. If you are going to treat me like a ragdoll, the least you can do is call me by the name given to me."

"M-My name is Yuma!"

Alan did not get the chance to answer when he had to jump out of the way of the scorpion's sting that came at him on the side. He sucked his teeth when he saw that the strips on the back showed it was the same level as him. Dropping Akagi, he began to shift. "GET GOING!! I WILL MEET UP YOU GUYS LATER!"

"No,-" Jade was about to argue that but was stopped by Diego's serious glare. Understanding the importance of leaving as quickly as possible, she just buried her head into Diego's chest, silently crying. They left with the sound of intense battling going on behind them. Yuma's heart pounded against his chest as he supported Akagi. He tried to keep his eyes on Diego when a woman's weak moaning and a little girl's screaming caught his attention.

"Anna! Romana!!!"

Yuma became horrified at seeing a bleeding beastman on the ground, trying to drag his body towards a pair of ferals carrying off a woman and a little girl. He felt sick when he saw that the woman was not fighting it off as strongly as she should and looked completely flustered with lust and fear in her eyes. He understood the symptoms immediately and wrinkled his nose in disgust. 'I thought that the drug was banned in this city?'

A wolf and a panther charge in their direction, causing him to freak out, but Diego and the injured beastman quickly take action. Akagi quickly turned into his beast form and bit into the neck of the wolf while Diego ducked under the leap. He used one of his sharp nails to slice open the belly of it. 

"Come on!" Diego snapped at them impatiently before running. However, he was stopped by more ferals; this time, it was ten of them. They crept closer towards them with lustful hunger in their eyes.

"Ah!"

Jade screamed in surprise when she was suddenly thrown; Yuma nearly dropped the shorter woman.