Chapter 16: The difference between my world and yours

"Oh, come on. There is nothing wrong with working after sex," Jade groan annoyed as Yuma had handed her a plate of small portion of cooked deer meat that she had from when Rosette was handing out portions. Jade twitch as she saw that he had cut up in bite-sized pieces.

"You need to be eat something before you go messing around with that thing in the living room," Yuma said her sternly before eyeing the plate, disappointed. "And you need to some more food, and it is little unfortunate that you do not have any vegetables to help balance your meal."

Jade grimace at the reminder of what they were lacking. They were spending so much time building the fortress to prevent the incident from happening again that they forgotten about certain things like vegetables. 'Ah, let not forget about the hair products and bodywash, we have some now but if we don't make any alternative products soon, we might end up smelling like a pig pen.'

She was starting to get a headache from the number of things that still needed to be done.

"So, tell me, why does an herbivore know how to cook meat?" Jade asked. Yuma lean against the counter, frowning at Jade's question.

"I have you know that I needed to know how to cook meat well if I want to have an edge in gaining a fema- woman's favor. No matter how disgusting and unnerving the whole process I find it is." Yuma explained.

'That make sense,' Jade mused, the fact that Yuma do not have any stripes might add on the pressure of being overlooked. In the world were strength matters and plenty of men to choose from, she expects the weak would not even given a single glance. "Don't force yourself to do something you do not like to do."

Jade sighed before taking a bite, she had to hold back the desire to spitting it out when she tasted how bland it was. She glances over at Yuma, to see that he was looking at her with happiness and hopefulness. Holding in her desire, she started to eat the whole thing as fast as she could, not wanting to get herself to chance to truly taste it.

Yuma's heart warmed at the sight of her gobbling down her food with so much vigor when she started to choke however, Yuma began to panic as he quickly went over to her and patted her on the back. "You do not have to eat so fast!! I can always cook more."

"NO! I mean there's no need to do that," Jade stuttered out to cover up her blunder. The thought of having another one of those made her already upset stomach churned up more. "I have no more meat for you to cook so there's no need for you bother. Thanks for the meal."

Yuma pressed his lips together as he was forced to acknowledge that was true, his eyes slide down towards his mark on her stomach and was suddenly filled with energy to make his belove some more of food. Before Jade could take a step out of the kitchen, Yuma grabbed her hand and started to make his way towards the door.

"Where we going?" Jade asked confused where the man was taking her, it was nice to get some fresh air, but it does not mean that he should sudden dragging her around. 'Maybe he wants to meet the rest of my friends.'

Yuma turned his head behind him to look at Jade's bewilder face. Loving the way that the sunlight was able to hit her face, highlighting the hint of caramel hue that was hidden within her eyes. Yuma's mouth curve up into a smile as he tugged harder on their interlaced hands. "We are going to find Angelika and see if she is willing to help use capture a boar. Hopefully she would be at the place I was resting in."