Chapter 8

EVERYTHING GOES TO SHIT. FIRST, NOBODY THOUGHT A CREEPY GROWN MAN WANTING TO BE FRIEND SO BAD WITH A TEENAGE BOY IS CREEPY! AND NOW JACK IS MIA

Mac couldn't believe Jack had been taken. He should have insisted on going after Murdoc himself. Even if he managed to catch the guy he was after, the latter didn't know anything. In fact, the guy wasn't even working with Murdoc; he had been tricked by the hitman into believing that threatening a kid to go to an abandon building was in fact part of a prank between friends... And at no point he was fazed by the fact that a creepy grown man was going to 'prank' a teenager! So, after Matty had interrogated the guy, they handed him over to the police.

He and Riley were sitting in the War room trying to track down Murdoc, when one of Matty's assistant rushed in holding a paper that she handed to Matty, shakily. Director Webber read it, her eyes filled with anger. Like almost every time when it's about Murdoc. She was normally pretty good at hiding her emotions, but Mac learned that when it comes to her family, she couldn't hide it. She put the paper face down on the table, shaken.

"What is it, Matty?" Mac asked.

She seemed like she wanted to hide it but decided against it, "It's a deadline", she said coldly.

"A deadline for what?" Riley asked.

"Mac has two hours to surrender himself to Codex or they'll kill Jack."

Mac's face hardened as he clenched his fists. People could threaten him all they wanted but no one touched his family. Sure, Jack's been kidnapped before, but not by them. Mac knew what Codex were capable of; they would not hesitate to kill Jack. His best friend, his brother... well pretty much the only father figure he had. Even if he wouldn't admit it out loud: Jack filled the void left by his father.

If Jack dies, there would be no point in living anymore.

***

THE FACT THAT JACK IS ALWAYS KIDNAPPED ON MISSION MIGHT COST HIM HIS AWARD OF BEST FATHER OF THE YEAR (IN THE CATEGORY - TRY NOT TO PUT YOU KID IN DANGER)

Riley's eyes were filled with tears as she thought the exact same thing. She saw what happened to Mac the last time the dealt with Codex and Murdoc. Even if Jack was always damn lucky, this wasn't the same. She would never see him again. She had to get out of the room and go get some, but when she was about to do so, her rig biped. The van they had supposed Murdoc was driving, was parked in front of a three-floor old mansion with a white facade. 'This is too easy' Riley thought. It's almost like if Murdoc wanted to be found.

"I got a location," she finally said, "but you can't go Mac, it's a trap."

"I got no choice! All our tac teams are in the field. We're alone in this."

"Some of them are not on an urgent mission, I can call them back" Matty said.

"None of them are going to be here in time!" Mac argued.

"But we don't know anything about the place, the number of people there is or even if Jack's there" Riley said.

"I know Murdoc. Jack's in there, I know it. If I can get in, I can get Jack out," then looking at Matty, "and the kid too."

"You're not going Mac. If you go, you'll get killed and Jack and Alex too, and we'll lose the three of you" Matty ended the discussion.

Mac burst out of the room. "I'll go talk to him," Riley said taking her computer with her.

She hoped there was something she could do, but she wasn't like Jack and just burst in somewhere to kick ass. Or like Mac and find her way out out of nothing. No, sometimes she thought she was just a geek pretended to be a hero. But Jack was her father; she couldn't lose him. She wouldn't.

Guess she'll have to pretend a bit longer. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi! Here's a new chapter. Thank you again for reading my story!

AlyMcShizzle