Chapter 9

CREEPY, DARK AND OLD BASEMENT IS A MUST-SEE IN EVERY MISSION. A LITTLE EXTRA: A BALD CRIMINAL IS HOLDING THEM HOSTAGE... AND NO HE IS NOT VOLDEMORT

They were trapped in a basement. They had no idea where they were for Murdoc and his partner had put a bag on their heads. Jack and Alex were tied up on a chair, their arms tightly bound to the armrests with metal cuffs. Jack was trying to turn around to see if the boy was ok, but without real success. He had been beaten up for struggling hard.

----

"You said you'll free Jack the moment I surrender myself!" Alex shouted.

"Circumstances have changed," a man said giggling, "We need you alive just a bit longer."

"You asshole!" Alex threw himself at the man but was hold back by two guards who punched him hard in the stomach, but he kept fighting until one of them hit him hard in the head with the butt of his gun, leaving him with a nasty gash on his forehead.

He was dragged, unconscious, alongside Jack who watched, helpless.

----

"Hey, Kid! You're with me?" Jack whispered.

"Don't call me kid," Alex grumbled, "My head hurts".

"Yeah, side effect of doing something stupid."

Alex started to laugh hysterically. 'The kid's out of his mind' Jack thought.

"Could you please be quiet," Jack said, "nobody has paid us a visit yet, I would like to keep it that way, if you don't mind of course."

"Sorry, I just remember something. Can you move closer to me? I need something from my back pocket of my jeans."

When Jack was about to budge over to him, making his wooden chair rattled, the only door of the basement opened on a bald man in his fifties, build like a brick shithouse.

"You" Alex growled at him.

"Nice to meet you in person Alex," then turning to Jack, "I don't think we've been introduced before Mr Dalton. I am Zeljan Kurst."

"Well, if I had met an ugly psychopath bull, I would remember," Jack joked trying to stall time. But for what?

"No need to be all disrespectful Mr Dalton."

"Last time I checked, you were dead," Alex attacked him.

"Actually no, I was in a black site. My little escape was organized by my new friends."

"Codex" Jack stated.

"Indeed! It appeared we could help each other."

"Why am I still alive?" Alex asked; Man, that kid really was suicidal!

"MI6 knows we have you and we are trying to negotiate your life for the release of some of my fellow comrades."

"They would never agree, they know you'll kill me eventually."

"You are underestimating your value, Alex." he approached them and took a picture of Alex, "That is for Mrs Jones," he then left the room.

"Who is that sociopath?" Jack asked.

"He's the head of Scorpia, he was involved in some of my latest missions." 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's a new chapter!

AlyMcShizzle