Chapter 10

DEAD PEOPLE SHOULD STAY DEAD! THIS IS NOT WALKING DEAD!

Zeljan Kurst. Alex was sure he would never saw his face again. The man that hired Razim. That orchestrated Jack's "death". Yet, he was here, Jack in his clutches, trying to finish Scorpia's mission into killing Alex.

He remembered again what he had in his back pocket.

"Jack, come over here."

The former delta was moving slowly, making a hell of noise. "Could you be louder?" Alex asked cynically.

"I would be glad to see you trying to move tied up like that!" Jack counterattacked.

Alex let out a string of curses and tried to move his own chair towards Jack's. Once they were done, Alex said, "now, in my pocket there are a packet of chewing gums and a Swiss army knife."

"Did they not search you for any weapons?"

"They did. I grabbed the knife when I attacked the man earlier." Alex simply stated.

Jack, though impressed, still retort, "I can't cut cuffs with a knife!"

"No, chewing gums will take care of those" Alex replied, jingling his cuffs. He saw Jack's sceptical look, "don't question it, do as I say. Put one in your mouth and one in mine. Once chewed, we'll put them on our cuffs, and they will eat the metal."

Jack, amazed, did as the young spy said still muttering "I'm told how to escape by a kid". Alex smiled.

Alex was thankful for Smithers's help. When he first arrived in his motel room yesterday, a pack of chewing gum was set down on the bedside table. He recognized them as one of the agent's inventions and took it with him. As planned, nobody had thought of taking them. Scorpia should have known better.

Once they freed themselves, he used the knife to pick the lock of the door and they find themself in a long and thin corridor. They found the stairs and climbed up quietly. Jack had taken the lead, knife in hand, ready to fight whoever will stand in their way. Voices erupted to their left as they reached the floor. They leaned against the left wall of the stairs, hoping to go unnoticed. It worked. They tried several doors, checking for noises inside before entering, searching for a way out. Instead, after several attempts they found one with a phone in it.

Jack composed Matty's phone number.

"Hey Matty! It's Jack. Karate kid freed us, but we're still trapped in the building. Can you pass the phone to Riley and see if she can pinpoint our location and a plan of the building?"

"She and Mac left an hour ago to free you, against my orders, "she added, "I don't know where they are. Codex issued a deadline for Mac to surrender."

"Damn it! Of course, they will come to save me," he turned to Alex, "we'll have to find a way out by ourselves," then to Matty again, "I will try to get in touch with them, Bye."

"We should move, we're exposed in here," said Alex.

Jack nodded and they exited the room. He dialled Mac's number and he answered, "who is speaking?"

"Well, there I'm offended! I'll hope you will recognize my melodious voice."

"Jack! Where are you?"

"That is kinda the reason why I am calling man. I need a plan of the building for me and Alex to get out of here."

"I need to free my friend first!" Alex protested.

"You won't be able to help her if the bad guys catch us first," Jack told him. Alex knew he was right but if they leave Jack in here, the time they come back with help, Kurt will have had time to hurt her. That was not an option.

"Then you'll go out alone, I'm not leaving without her".

"And I'm not leaving you kid. I'll go with you."

Before Alex could protest, Riley spoke through the phone "Ok there is a door to your right, it opens to a greenhouse. It's your way out if you want. But for now, three floors up, there is a lot of bedrooms where your friend could be."

They were near the exit, but Alex couldn't resign himself to leave Jack. But now his partner in hell wanted to sacrifice himself for a woman he didn't know and for a teenager he barely knew. How could he let him die? How could he let Jack die?

Before he could make a decision, a man appeared at the end of the corridor shouting for them to freeze. An alarm ringed out throughout the whole building.

"There are in the minus 1 floor!" said the guards through his coms.

They opened the door to the greenhouse, their safety being their principal goal right now. In their haste, they had forgotten to check if anyone was in.

"It's very rude to leave without letting your host know" Zeljan Kurst said ironically.

From where they entered, men appeared, weapon in hands. Jack and Alex fought the men together in a hand-to-hand combat because Jack was forced to drop the knife when a guard punched him in the stomach. They were so absorbed in the fight, that they did not see Kurst snicking behind Alex to stab him in the back.

Alex felt a sharp pain radiate from his back through his whole body as he fell to the floor. The last thing he heard was Jack shouting something at him while trying to fight off the guards.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I truly hope I let you on a cliffhanger here...

Hope you enjoyed the chapter!

AlyMcShizzle