Chapter 18

WELL IN THIS STORY, MAIN CHARACTERS DO WALK AWAY UNSCATHED

Alex couldn't believe he was alive. Jack was alive and so were his new teammates. It was something of a miracle. Seeing the odds, he had been sure to die today. He realized that the only difference with all the other missions he had done before was the fact that he had a team to watch his back. He quite never had this with the MI6. He was always sent out to do a perilous job that normally required a dozen of people to do it.

Plus, the fact that Ben had left a mission to go and rescue him. Mrs Jones surely approved the decision, even if she wouldn't admit it; it could cost her her job.

He had refused to go to a hospital, just like the others. So, they were all in the Phoenix Med Bay. Alex had suffered the worst injuries. Jack had a few cuts but other than that she was fine. Mohawk's face was a complete mess for that he had taken most of the beating for himself trying to protect Jack and Alex.

Not a lot of people would have done that for him, and he wanted to thank the big guy for that. Now was the time, Jack had left to identify some people, so he was alone with him. He was sitting on a chair next to Alex's bed.

"Hey, Jack. I wanted to th..." he started before Jack cut him.

"No need to thank me, kid. We were a team out there."

"I... I never had a team before," Alex confessed.

"You could have one now," Jack proposed.

"You mean with you guys at Phoenix?"

"That's what he meant, yes," Matty burst in the room, "of course, you'll have to wait 'till you're eighteen, and if you still want to work with us, you'll be welcomed."

Alex was on the verge of crying.

"Hey kid, we're a family here. I could add it a new kid. My others are getting a little too old, makes me feel like grandpa," Jack joked.

"I'll talk to Jack about it, but I think I'd like it."

***

MATILDA WEBBER VS TULIP JONES - CLASH OF THE TITANS. WE ALL KNOW WHO WINS...

All the team was in the war room, Matty was having an important phone call with a certain Mrs Jones. The woman appeared on the screen.

"Matilda Webber," she greeted her.

"Tulip Jones," Matty greeted back.

"Thank you for helping Alex and keeping him alive" she said quite emotionally.

"No thanks to you," Jack snorted.

Matty sent him a warning which Jack decided to completely ignore.

"I called you to inform you that we offered Alex a job with us here at Phoenix. If that is what he wants, in two years, he'll be an agent."

"It's not like we're asking for permission, are we Matty?" Jack added.

Mrs Jones sighted, "I know that hiring Alex in the first place was wrong, but I always cared for his safety. Take good care of him," and she ended the call.

Alex was now part of the family. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's been a while but here is the last chapter of the fanfic. Hope you liked the story. There will be an epilogue (a really short one) but I need to rewrite it before posting it...

AlyMcShizzle