32. Siara

My legs shake as I step forward . Daksh did that? I grab the mask and it's his , I know its his. I find a card with my name written on it . I Storm out of the classroom while both girls follow me .

"This is fucking stupid" heer grumbles. " Let me call him"

"No don't" I say "let him do whatever he wants to ." I go silent for a moment before continuing "what--- happens after this mask thing"

Heer speaks in a low anxious tone "the owner of the particular mask comes for --- punishing "

I sigh and bring my knees close to my chest . "Life is so toxic"

"No it isn't "shivangi smiles while unwrapping a bonbon . It can get worse I promise. Her cheeks turn pink when she tosses it inside her mouth. How can she be so casual in such circumstances too ?

Maybe she has been through worse.

My phone dings with a notification from mumma about a family dinner.

"Family dinner ? " I ask heer and she nods , "mom told me"

Whenever we have family dinners ,They are almost like a big event . Like a get together.

"Daksh will be there and Bhavin too" I place my face into my palms.

"And uncle kiaan too" she dances in excitement. "Why don't you come" she asks Shivangi.

"No, I have to study and--"

"No, you're coming" she grabs her arm.

"I think studying will not be possible in this lifetime" I grumble getting up and dial a call to my driver "I'll see you guys tonight"

"Take care"they say in unison while I turn around to wave seeing Shivangi's head kept on Heer's shoulder . They are cute .

When I reach home , I step in front of papa's office .

"She's my only daughter and she's everything for me . Whatever I've earned in life , it's for shru and Sia . So this is really serious Devansh" I step closer and I know eavesdropping is bad but I can't stop myself .

"I know , do you think I'll think of her anything less than my own daughter."

"I hope I can trust you more than those mafias ."

"I'm not like those fuckers".

I immideatly rush upstairs because I don't want to hear my uncles being cursed for no reason .

Sometimes uncle kiaan is scary but uncle kavish ? He's super cool .

" you're back " Bhavin smiles looking at me "yeah , I skipped classes"

"I too had some online meetings and all but now I'm free , can we go out?"

"Yeah but we'll have to come back before night"

"Yes I'm aware about the dinner . We'll directly head there. I've asked uncle shivay ."

"Okay , cool then . I'll get ready and come back "

Going out with bhavin is actually something , I myself wanted to happen because only then I'll be able to understand him . From the bottom of my heart I have no interest in him because all I can think of is that kiss , that night and that limitless love . Still, again and again I keep telling myself that I'll get over him . I don't even know what he meant by that mask thing anyways. The dinner is at uncle Kiaan's Mansion this time so I'll head straight to his house with Bhavin . That way I won't risk myself encountering daksh or his pshychos alone .

"Woah , I'm afraid I won't be able to take my eyes off you" bhavin smiles as his gaze travels from my head to toe then back to my eyes. My skin burns and I feel a very bad itch when he looks at me like that , it's completely different from how daksh sees me . Like I'm very precious , delicate and his .

On the other hand bhavin sees me like another girl, someone ordinary. He only sees how pretty I am . Nothing beyond a rich dad's daughter with a beautiful face . Possibilities of my future with him terrify me.

I get inside his car . It is big, white and doesn't smell like smoke . We stop in front of a high end restaurant where he pulls a chair for me and talks a lot to make me feel comfortable . He talks about his family, their law firm, his hobbies and a lot more but my eyes remain fixed at the entrance door expecting Daksh. I'm infact on the verge of crying . I pull out my phone from my purse while he pays the bill .

Siara : I'm sorry papa , I can't do this .

When we sit inside the car , it's then I receive his reply.

Papa : it's completely okay sunshine. Come back .

I feel so bad but I can't help it . I don't feel right . Moreover I'm on my period and nothing seems right. My back is hurting like anything and I need Daksh to hold me . Tears pool in my eyes but I look out of the window.

"Siara" he says amidst silence in the car.

"Yeah"

"Hey , hey what's wrong" he grabs my shivering hand . I hate mood swings . They make me vulnerable.

"My head hurts"

"Should we go home ?" He asks rubbing the back of my hand .

"No, we'll go to the Raghuvanshis" I pull my hand back and he nods adjusting my seat in a more comfortable position. When we reach in front of the Mansion , two security men verify the car because it's new here . In the driveway I see uncle abhimanyu's car, Reyansh's car , king's , uncle kavish's, papa's but nowhere is Daksh's car . My heart shatters like anything.

"You alright?" Bhavin questions and I nod " yeah".

We walk inside the Mansion while I hold the strap of my purse tight . Inside the hall I see everyone already sitting on the dining table . Reyansh and King whisper something to each other while Reyansh's dad is helping his mom in the kitchen . My mumma is also there but papa and all uncles including Bhavin's dad are sitting here . Heer waves in my direction from the kitchen where Shivangi is also positioned . Aunt crystal calls me at the table but once I step forward , I see next to king's chair is Daksh slumped in his chair. His eyes fixed at us and his eyes cold .

"Here " aunt crystal pats on the chair between her and Daksh's mom .

I step forward feeling Daksh's eyes drilling holes in my body but bhavin grabs my wrist . Everyone stops talking and a shiver runs down my spine . Instantly my vision drifts to Daksh . He picks a knife from the table with his eyes fixed at Bhavin's hand touching me .

□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□