AA (2)

I went to AA's house yesterday, and it was the last hangout of 2023. I hope that this year will turn out better than 2023. We watched the Elvis Presley movie and it was really good, it was 2 hours and 30 minutes long though. It had some funny parts, but it switched between serious and comedy quite a bit. We could not turn away for even a second because if we did, we would miss some details that were extravagant to the movie.
After the movie, I grabbed her guitar and started playing parts of songs that I knew how to play. She particularly liked the last one I played. *Master of Puppets by Metallica*. She knew that song. That song is extremely fast and upbeat, but it's actually a pretty easy song to play once you get the hang of the sliding and fast movement that are incorporated in the song.
Once I got done with that, I asked her if she had our duet music for solo and ensemble since I had left mine in my locker at school. She did have it and I was glad, I seriously needed to work on that song. I have my solo down because it's fairly easier than the duet. I have the alto part, and she has the soprano and the melody. The alto part is much more difficult. It's extremely low for me, but I'm willing to work hard for it to get it to as perfect as I can get it. My solo has a few high notes, like a d or d sharp. But it's manageable as long as I have good breath control.
But anyways, we practiced until my mother came to pick me up. When that time was up, before I left, I gave her a hug and told her thanks for having me over. As I always do with all of my friends.
I did manage to stay up until midnight to watch December 31st, 2023, turn into January 1st, 2024.