18

Suhana's Pov

"I love the menu" Rehaan's Grandma says as soon as she enters the kitchen. All of us thanked her. "Now you all need to cook so we can taste it as well" We nodded and get to our work.

I was cooking one of the starters when I felt someone's presence behind me. It's not Rehaan. I can recognise him from his smell. I turned to meet one brown eyes similar to his, "Adil" I greeted him by his name that I come to know from the staffs.

He grins at me, "Suhana" he held the aisle from the both side trapping me between his arms. I glared at him, "remove your hands" he removed it immediately, "oh I thought we can be friendly. Since you're friendly with my brother" I can hear the sarcasm in his voice. I glared at him more and if looks could kill I would've killed this man, "I hope your misunderstanding is cleared now" He backed out, "ofcourse it is" he put his both hands up in surrender, "Never again" he grins some more and grab an apple before leaving.

I sigh. I hate being here. I asked some other staff to keep an eye on the dishes and left to get some air.
I walked on the left side because last time I saw a balcony over there. The mansion is in white colour. Antique pieces hanging all over the walls.
There was no family picture except the one I saw in the Hall.

I reached the balcony and finally breathed. How does one even live here, I thought to myself. I sat on the chair and closed my eyes. I need to do this work and leave as fast as I can. I never want to face anyone from this family ever. 

"Ahh" I jumped at sound of something and ran to check what it is when I saw  Rehaan standing in front of a shattered base. He looked at me, "It fell" I nodded and walked to him. He lower himself on the ground to gather  the broken pieces I did the same.

"What were you doing there" He asked, "needed some air" I replied, He nodded. We both fell silent. Gathering broken pieces of a base.

"You ran away last night" he finally spoke but didn't look at me. "Yeah I was in hurry" I lied. He nodded.

He nods alot. I thought to myself.
He rose from the floor so did I.
"Thank you" he says and turned on his heels to leave, "don't you want to taste" I uttered in a desparate attempt to stop him. He looked confused, "The dishes for functions, you know just to check" he looked like he wanted to run away but still nodded.