Chapter 59 - When I open my eyes, the royal palace (3)

***

"Ruel Setiria, the gatekeeper of Leponia Kingdom and as the head of Setiria, enters!"

With the loud sound of the attendant, Ruel's cane moved.

Ttak.

Everyone looked at Ruel as if possessed by the sound.

Gray hair was tied up highlighting his young face, with not the slightest tension seen in his luminous green eyes.

The presence he had alone attracted attention.

One by one, the ministers watched Ruel walk past them, and looked at him with pitying eyes."

The traces of his illness could not be hidden in his appearance.

Who stumbles while walking even when depending on a cane.

Ttak.

Ruel didn't care how those around him judged.

Setiria's interest came first.

"Greetings to His Royal Majesty. My name is Ruel Setiria."

Subsequently, in turn of speaking those words, the exclamations of coughing were heard.

The force of the coughing was enough to bend his back and the sound reverberated throughout the room.

The king waited until his coughing fit stopped.

"I apologize for my rudeness, Your Majesty. My mistake is not of my cause as I do not feel the best."

"It is pardonable, I heard from my youngest son that you weren't feeling well. I'm very worried to see it firsthand."

"Your Majesty, though I am not in the best of health, I will gladly accept this delegation for the sake of the country."

"Your heart is warm. Borrowing your will, I will appoint you today as the representative of the delegation representing the Kingdom of Leponia."

The king glanced at the minister standing next to him. The minister handed over the letter of appointment to Ruel.

Previously, in Banios's room, Ruel had asked if the king was trustworthy.

Banios' response was merely a smile, even though it was rude to ask.

"He loves this land, Reponia, more than anyone else in the world."

Ruel was relieved by the answer. At least the efforts he made never came to nothing. The king signaled with his fingers to Ruel, who received the letter of appointment.

In advance, Banios, Ruel, and the king talked about the situation.

The king did not hide his shame at the fact that someone blocked Setiria's information and that he had only come across false information so far.

Ruel saw Leo sitting next to his feet.

It was not yet time for Setiria to wake up.

It was necessary to withdraw the gazes that followed because of Ganien's action of nominating him as the delegation of the Leponia Kingdom.

—Can I eat it here? This is not in a bed.

Ruel quietly smiled reassuringly at Leo.

Then Leo licked his lips again and touched Ruel's foot.

—Well then, I'll eat well!

As soon as the black thing was ripped off, black blood poured from Ruel's mouth.