Chapter 60 - Who cut the waves (1)

There were no suspicious signs around.

Cassion thought it was simply a puddle.

"Aris, come here."

To give Ruel peace of mind, Cassion got down and investigated the puddle with Aris.

For more certainty, he took off his white gloves and touched the soil.

'You have a pretty sharp intuition.'

The puddle was artificially created by someone a few hours ago.

Cassion wiped his hands and put on his gloves again.

Aris asked, "How is it? There is no mana reaction."

"It's an artificially created puddle."

Aris bit his lip.

"Did they already move?"

"It's not early, Ruel-nim received the letter from the royal family two weeks ago. So don't hesitate to drive the carriage and just avoid it as much as you can because you will see a lot of puddles like this in the future."

If there were puddles on every road, you couldn't help but pay attention.

Ruel was more sensitive than he thought.

With such psychological warfare, you have to be careful because your subconscious thoughts might cause foolish actions. Weak mind, weak body.

"Okay, I'll be careful."

Aris climbed back into the driver's seat.

"What's the matter?"

The commander of the Third Royal Knights escorting the carriage from the back got off his horse and walked towards Cassion.

"The carriage fell into a puddle, so I was checking."

"We'll push the carriage from the back. Is the Lord okay?"

"Yes, he's fine."

Cassion nodded and climbed back into the carriage.

"It's a puddle that was artificially dug a few hours ago. No gadgets or magic. Of course, there are no enemies," Cassion reported to Ruel.

"What else is there?"

"I think it might be psychological warfare. A warning that they could kill you at any time."

Ruel smirked as he stroked Leo's head.

"Who do you think is a sunfish?"

"Sun...fish?"

Leo also stared at Ruel at Cassion's question as if he was curious.

"There's something like that, anyway, don't worry about puddles or weird things in the future. Just be prepared for a raid."

"I see."

'You're in a hurry, aren't you?'

To the point of committing unnecessary acts.

There were several minor raids, as well as puddles until the carriage reached the gate.

It was insignificant enough that you couldn't even call it an attack.

The attacker just showed up wearing a mask and shot several arrows.

"I'll chase them down and kill them."

"No, let's wait and see what they do."

Ruel wondered what he was aiming for through a clumsy play that was neither a raid nor a trap.