CH.15: Talk to Me

Nneka sat in silence.

She sat there watching and analsying each and everything that was in front of her. From the 4 men who seemed lost in their heads to the presentation before her.

She felt like a toy, a prize in a competition she never planned to be.

This was weird.

Everything was extremely weird, but their eyes...their eyes were something else.

Half of their eyes screamed to fight, that they could win. And the other set, their eyes were still. As if there was no movement, no plan that needed much thought.

Yet one thing, one fact was clear.

They were all willing to follow through with Javi's and now Natalie's plan to the end

And she hated it.

It was enough that she had one person, but 4 guys all after one person.

Was this even about love?

Nneka felt disrespected. She felt her love cheapen down to a game, and the winner takes all that being spending the rest of their lives with her.

Granted they were the lucky ones, she was amazing, but this wasn't the way to her heart.

Besides...her heart had already made a decision, but she hadn't realized it yet. It was still too early.

Elliot hesitated. He raised his finger with his head down, contemplating. "I have a question." he looked up.

Javi still standing, leaning against the kitchen counter.

"You died..." Elliot began.

Javi nodded, "Yeah..." He looked at him. "I mean you said you died. And that you read her palms, like the future-" "Where are you going with this?" Eli asked.

"Shouldn't he know?" Elliot asked. "I mean I thought about this for a while. If you can see the future, you know how this all ends. Why not tell us and stop whatever this is?" They all turned to Javi.

He looked down at his spread-out hands and then back to them with a wide grin. "Because..." he sighed, "it doesn't work that way."

"Bullshit," Kan said. He crossed his arms and leaned against his chair slowly twirling his body halfway.

"Bullshit?" Javi repeated. "Exactly what?"

"This...the blond is right. Tell us so we can pretend this all never happened. "

"So what, you can go against the ending." Kan stopped spinning. The awkward smile on his face quickly became annoyed. "Excuse me?" he laughed haughtily.

"According to the rules, no one is supposed to know. Not even me, but I'm assuming everything was planned out and I don't plan on changing it because you all want to know."

Nneka held the can of spirit tightly.

"No, go back. What did you mean about changing the ending?"

Kan eyed him. His whole attention, even his body faced him. It struck a nerve.

Kan's whole personality was going against the grain, the rules or whatever was supposed to be set in motion for him to execute.

He hated it.

Being told that his life was already planned. Or the famous expression, written in the stars, he was adamant to go against it.

In fact, the reason he even moved to this state was because his parents doing the exact same thing Javi was telling him was planned.

"What do you mean?" Kan's face tweaked. He repeatedly blinked his eyes, holding in his anger.

"I think you hit a nerve," Natalie said.

Javi shrugged. the side of his dark red hair fell in front of his face. He put it behind his ear titling his head as he looked directly at Kan, "anymore question?"

Kan scoffed, getting up.

Everyone but Nneka watched him walk to the door, put his shoes on, and grab his jacket. Kan stared at Javi and then at the back of Nneka's head.

He chuckled lightly shaking his head, "This was fun. " And closed the door behind him.

"That was definitely a sight," Natalie said.

Nneka stood up.

She finally looked at the faces sitting around her and agreed. She was leaving too.

"Where are you going?" Natalie asked.

Nneka put her shoes on leaving her jacket and running out, "air."

"Air?" the door was slammed.

Natalie turned to them, sitting in her seat while pulling her drink closer to her. "Air, she needs some air guys."

They nodded and continued drinking and eating.

Javi glanced at the door and then turned to the sink. He turned on the cold water, letting it run as he shook his head.

It had begun.

Nneka walked towards the elevator, calling as the door slowly closed. "Hold the door please."

A hand extended, and the doors opened.

Nneka walked in a little taken aback. She stood before the door hesitating. Mainly because Kan was waiting inside.

Even though she left right after him, she kinda expected he would be gone by now.

"Are you coming in?" he asked.

"Yeah," Nneka swung her arms together as she stepped inside.

She turned and looked at the floors and sighed.

"Where you going?" he asked.

"I just need a break, a break outside," she said.

He looked at her, "Where's your jacket?" "Oh..." she looked down at herself. It was freezing cold outside and she had forgotten it at that moment, but at least remembered her shoes. "I guess back there."

"It's cold outside," he told her.

Nneka shrugged, playing it cool. "I know."

"And you're taking a breather?"

"Yes, is there a problem?" she turned to him and politely grinned at him. "Because I thought you were done with this."

"Done with this? "Yeah, didn't you storm out to prove you can't be controlled?"

"And what's wrong with wanting to actually have a spontaneous life?" He asked.

She sighed, shaking her head. "Nothing. Nothing wrong with that when you don't know, it's all planned.

"You believe him. You actually believe him." Kan scoffed, covering his mouth, but Nneka shut him down quickly.

"And you do otherwise you wouldn't be here."

"Actually..." the doors opened. They walked out and stood by the doors. "I'm suspicious. But have fun, with your breathing."

He nodded, walking off.

Nneka walked outside, but the strong autumn wind blew her straight back inside. She sighed loud and tired, "Fuck."

----

Sorry for the extremely late update, the next chapter will be posted by Monday. 

Comment, Like and share