Ch. 20: New Girl

They stood in the body shop.

Stella stood by her levitating car as a man in a blue uniform lay underneath examining it. His gloves black matching the small ink splashes on his uniform.

Stella bent down watching him work on it. She took pictures and sent them to her husband to prove that she knew how to take care of the car when he was out of town. And of course, eliminating the mere fact that it was indeed leaking.

Then finishing it off with a cute kissing selfie.

"How long do you think it'll take?" She asks the man.

The man pulled himself out, "Half to an hour." Then pushed himself back underneath.

Stella nodded. She stayed by the car for a while giving Natalie some time to work her charm.

Unfortunately, there was barely any charm to Natalie's game.

Natalie and Pink were by the entrance of the car shop. Pink leaned lightly against her motorcycle. She was worried that she could push down her station 300-plus pound bike.

After only a few moments of trying to look cool, she moved beside Natalie who stood by the counter.

"By the way I'm Natalie." she pushed her hand out.

Pink chuckled at it, then took it. " And that's Stella, my very good friend."

"Cool."

Now whatever confusion that could come up was gone.

"And you.."

"Oh sorry, Pink."

"Pink? Like the colour?" Natalie asked.

"Yes, exactly like the colour." Natalie tilted her head to the side, lips pushed out as she thought about it. She assumed it was a nickname, so she pushed the thought to the side.

Yet Pink didn't.

Both their hands still holding each other, Pink pulled her closer. Face leveled, eyes meeting, she flashed a small grin baring the corner of her teeth.

"My real name is Pink, it's a Thai thing."

Natalie took a deep breath. Her eyes switched between Pink's brown eyes and her very dark red lips that complimented her tan skin.

Pink was truly beautiful.

But to Pink, Natalie was everything, but she played it too easy that it came off as harmless flirty.

Natalie's dark brown eyes were hypnotised. And her black and purple braids made her more attractive. Too much so, that she noticed one braid sticking out and helping her fix it.

Pink let go. She stood tall, taller than Natalie leaned down to face her. "Can I?" she asked.

Natalie had no idea what she was asking but agreed.

Pink stood back up and took off Natalie's ponytail. She packed her hair up in a high bun, making sure to grab every braid as her fingers lingered around her neck.

When she was done, she stepped back and smiled. "There, finished."

Natalie reached up and smiled down. "Thanks."

Yet from across the room, Stella's mouth dropped. She watched with a huge mouth-wide smile. In fact, she was contemplating walking over, and interrupting whatever she just saw.

But when she saw Natalie frozen she made a move.

She walked over standing between them. She sighed heavily and loudly. "So the guy said it'll be like half to an hour."

"Okay." Pink slid her hands into her jacket pocket, tilting her head to get a better look at Natalie.

Surprisingly, Natalie was conformable. Usually, too much attention would get her heart racing, but the entire time she felt safe.

She felt calm.

She felt...okay.

Okay enough that she needed to do something about it. She liked the easy calm feeling, and she wanted it to last.

But Stella talked.

It didn't push the idea away, it just gave her more time to figure out how to say it right.

"Again, thank you for this."

"No problem, it's kinda like my job," Pink said.

Stella nodded, glancing at Natalie. "Your job."

Pink nodded.

"And is it too much to ask what that is?"

Pink shook her head. "No, but actually it's not my main job. But on the side, I'm a volunteer fireman...or firewoman."

Stella and Natalie slowly nodded, holding back their smiles.

"Firewoman," Stella repeated. "Firewoman."

All they could think of was Pink dressed in red and charcoal yellow as a smoke machine blew her short pink and black hair in the wind.

"Wow..." Natalie finally said. "So you like to save people as a hobby."

"Pretty much." Pink smiled.

"That's very heroic of you."

"Thanks...I guess?" Her phone rang. She checked it and rolled her eyes. "I have to go."

"Save people?" Stella asked.

"A birthday party. Supposed to get the cake."

Pink grabbed her bike and pulled it out of the shop. About to get on, she took her phone out. "Number?"

Natalie froze, but lucky Stella remembered all their numbers. She said it as Pink put it in.

Pink waved her phone, "Thanks."

"No, thank you." Stella grinned, hiding herself behind Natalie freshly put up braids.

"Apologies if I made you uncomfortable. I'm very forward, especially if I like something."

"I can see that." Both Stella and Natalie said simultaneity.

Pink chucked, flipping her hair back, "Besides, my life motto is to seize the opportunity."

"And I'm absolutely loving it." Stella giggled.

Pink grinned. "Good to know."

Pink put her helmet on and sat on the bike. Before closing the lid, she put her phone in her jacket pocket.

"I'll text you."

She slid the face cover down and drove off.

Natalie and Stella watched as she drove off. Stella was impressed, even though she did the majority of the work, while Natalie felt...happy.

Stella placed her hand on Natalie's shoulder, "Glad one of us knows how to seize the moment."

"What?" Natalie asked. She wasn't paying attention. Her ears were listening to the zooming engine. And her mind on an outfit.

"Did you say something?"

Stella shook her head laughing, "Nothing. Just glad."

"Yeah...me too. Thank you." Natalie shifted her body to her. "Wait... do you think she looks familiar. Like...I think I've seen her before."

"No," Stella shook her head. "Maybe she's your past lover. God knows they're a lot going on here." She joked.

Natalie shook her head. Staring in the distance, she watched the bike turn a corner. "I don't believe in that."

___
Comment, like and share