Chapter - 17

Time passed, and a few years passed by in an instant, and me and Shizue found ourselves at the Kingdom of Barakia, our new base of operation, for a while until we left for the next nation. This is a small nation with close to no strong monsters around, so that's why there aren't many strong adventurers here in this country. The reason we are here is because, recently, a strong demon has appeared here.

According to the testimony, the demon has already reached the level of a general and thus has become an archdemon.

An archdemon is a demon with a name. Other than primordial's and their direct servants, I don't think there are many archdemons without names, so it's pretty much a given that he has somehow obtained a name.

Which brings us here in this small nation, has been recently dealing with an archdemon in Filtwood. The mission fell into Shizue's hands, and since she also wanted to increase the influence of the 'Adventurer's Mutual Aid Association' she accepted the offer without any hesitation.

"Shizue, where are you going?"

I asked her as I saw her getting ready to go out of the inn, mainly picking up her sword and wearing the mask.

"Hm, what do you mean? I'm going to search for clues to find the demon."

Shizue replied to me with her sweet voice and started to go out of the inn, but before she could actually open the door, I stopped her.

"There is no need. The demon, for some reason, is staying in the house next to the guild."

I said to her, the demon is really daring. He is arrogant enough to live right next to the guild office. I don't even have to guess that this type of stupid demon belongs to the Guy lineage.

Even Guy is taking the game seriously. To think that his minions are present in every county in the west. Well, it must be Rain and Misery, because Guy is too arrogant to think about such minor details.

"Eh? Are you sure, Rimuru-San?"

"I can even tell he belongs to the red lineage, and he has recently evolved into an archdemon because he got a name."

I replied to her in a deadpan voice. Shizue, don't underestimate me, ok? I'm a demon lord crying out loud, a digital lifeform. Things like this are not hard for me to find.

"You sure are capable, Rimuru."

That's what I'm talking about. Praise me and praise me a little more. But to my utter surprise, Shizue left the inn as soon as I let my guard down for a second. But seriously, where can you go? Hiding from my universal senses? Impossible! Hahaha, running from whom? Me, a demon lord?

《She is going to kill the archdemon. 》

Eh, I know that much. I was just trying to act like a villain.

《Apologies. I'm sorry. 》

Don't worry. Just keep an eye on her for me. Sigh. I don't think the demon can actually kill Shizue, but it's still better to be cautious than sorry.

Shizue managed to defeat the archdemon in just thirty minutes, and then she made her way back to the inn. She appeared completely drained from the intense battle, but aside from that, everything seemed to be in order. The following day, we departed from the kingdom after receiving our well-deserved reward. Shizue achieved the A-plus rank a while back, which is the top rank in the guild now and will be in the future. She's truly amazing, to the point where even I, an ancient person, am excited to see what lies ahead for her. I'm looking forward to seeing her reach her full potential without Ifrit causing trouble.

After two days, we left the kingdom to continue our journey, and just like the grain of sand, the time slipped away after a few years. We find ourselves near the Armed Nation of Dwargon. The mission this time was the hardest one that Shizue has ever taken, and I'm still a little worried if she can do the mission alone. I didn't want to interfere with her growth too much, but if she was in danger, then I would take action. She is my friend... It's only natural for me to protect her.