Black Widow 1

(DRAMATIC MUSIC PLAYING)

(BIRDS CHIRPING)

(SOFT PIANO MUSIC PLAYING)

(KIDS CHATTERING IN DISTANCE)

OHIO, 1995

"Ohio? Why're we in Ohio?" Tony asks, confused.

The widows and Alexei all stiffen, remembering what took place in Ohio.

GIRL: Hey, Nat!

GIRL: Hi, Ana!

"Nat, you had blue hair?!" Clint says, ecstatically.

Nat rolls her eyes. "I was a kid at one point of my life. However short it was."

Tony's joking manner immediately disappeared.

(KIDS WHOOPING AND LAUGHING FAINTLY)

(YOUNG Natasha AND Anastasia WHISTLE A LONG NOTE)

(YOUNG Yelena WHISTLES BACK)

Yelena: We're all upside down.

Natasha: And I bet you're gonna fall down first.

Yelena: No, you will. You can't hold it much longer.

Everyone coos at the three little girls on screen. They looked so happy.

(EXCLAIMING)

(GRUNTS)

Natasha: Told you you'd fall down first. I told you! I told you! Told you so!

"Wow. Way to rub it in." Yelena says, rolling her eyes. Natasha just smiles innocently and shrugs.

Yelena: Mommy!

(SOBBING)

Melina: What happened?

Anastasia: She fell on her knee.

Melina: Oh, you bump your knee?

Yelena: Mmm-hmm.

Melina: Oh... Kiss it better. There we go. (SHUSHING). Oh, come on, little one. Get up. You're okay. Come on. You're a brave girl. Your pain only makes you stronger.

"Ana...you've said that before... is this where you got it?" Bruce asks, curiously.

Ana nods. "It actually really helped me through the red room. I would just remember that the pain would only make me stronger and that one day it would hopefully be over."

Natasha and Yelena nod along. They felt the same way. Whether they wanted to remember or not, Melina's words had stuck with them.

Melina reaches over and squeezes each of their hands, and gives them each a small smile. She's glad that they can all be a family again. She hasn't stopped worrying about her girls since the day they were taken.

Melina: Right, you two?

Natasha: Yeah.

Anastasia: Yup.

Melina: Yeah?

Yelena: Look! Forest stars.

Melina: Yeah. You know what? Those are actually part of the Lampyridae family. And the glow, the glow that you see, that comes from a chemical reaction called... bioluminescence. Come on, time for dinner.

Yelena: Bio-goomin-feasants?

Everyone bursts out in laughter and also coo at the little girl. She was so adorable! How could they not?