CHAPTER THIRTEEN

Phillip Ngonzi

Phillip Ngonzi

It was now early in the morning on Saturday . I was outside in the driveway putting my suitcase and plants inside dad's car that I had come with.

Last night, I cried myself to sleep at night because of everything that had happened. Thinking about what Tendai had told me hurt so bad. He and his friends think that I am self righteous and a prude.

To think I had wanted to be with him last night!

I shut the trunk of the car since I was done putting my things inside. I contemplated leaving at that moment but I decided I wasn't going to go without telling Tendai's parents bye. They had ben so kind to me.

I returned to the house and sat in the living room to wait for Tendai's parents to wake up. I fell asleep while waiting for them.

Ray tapped me. I sat up.

"Addie, why aren't you sleeping in your bed?" Ray asked.

I am leaving, I need to go prepare for my parents and brother's arrival back home.

"No, it's not yet time," Ray said. Stay for today only.

"Ray, let Addie go back to prepare for her family's return," Elaine said. She will come visit us another time and hopefully stay over.

"Won't you?" Elaine asked.

"Yes," I lied.

Right now I was uncertain about my future with Tendai. I doubt I will be coming back.

"I will miss you," Ray said.

"Why isn't Tendai here to send you off?" Elaine asked.

I don't want to wake him up. We shall chat later online when he wakes up.

"Stay for breakfast then," Elaine said.

Okay. I had breakfast with them, then I got into dad's car and drove off.

Soren texted me that he was coming back home a day earlier than he was supposed to when I told him that I was back home.

"Addie, I only stayed here because you were at Tendai's," he said. Now that you're back, I can't continue being in Birmingham even just for one extra day. Don't worry I know my way back.

I prepared some food and did general cleaning of the house. Soren arrived with an uber.

"I am so happy to be back home, Addie," he said. I couldn't stay one more day at that place, I was going crazy. At least at home here I have a room to myself and freedom.

"Addie, a friend of mine, shared some photos you took at Tendai's home with Isla Walker," he said. I wonder how Jensen feels about that?

I didn't intend to take photos with her. Anyway, Jensen and I aren't on speaking terms so it won't change anything much. I don't want to get sad thinking about Jensen. Let me tell you about my time at Tendai's home.