CHAPTER FOURTEEN

Desmond Kamara

Desmond Kamara

"Why are you two fighting?" Mr. Ngonzi asked.

"He abused Adessa Kamara," Tendai said.

"She accused me of something I didn't do," Grayson said.

"You two come with me to my office. Adessa Kamara follow me to my office too," Mr. Ngonzi said. The rest of you go to the cafeteria for a break.

The three of us walked silently with Mr. Ngonzi to his office. I noticed that Tendai and Grayson were both bruised and were bleeding.

"Explain," Mr. Ngonzi ordered when we entered his office.

"Sir, Tendai attacked me yet I was only trying to ask Adessa why she was accusing me of something I didn't do," Grayson said.

"Sir, Grayson called Adessa a derogatory word," Tendai said.

"Adessa, tell me why these two boys are fighting over you? he asked.

Sir, Grayson is always abusing me, he calls me names like Midnight or Darkie, today he took it a notch higher and pierced me during the lesson.

"I have not touched her," Grayson said.

Tendai heard him call me Darkie and attacked him.

"Grayson, you have been warned so many times about bullying students," Mr. Ngonzi said. I am suspending you for bullying. I want you to stay home for two weeks and reconsider your behavior. If you repeat the offense next time, it will be an automatic expulsion.

"Tendai, you are an exemplary student. This is your first time offense so I am giving you a warning," he said. The next time you fight you will be suspended.

"Adessa, if these two boys fight over you again, I will suspend you so ensure that they don't," he said. I want the both of you to go to the dispensary for first aid. If you fight from there, it will be an expulsion you will both be facing. Grayson, return to my office after for your suspension letter.

I could still smell the bad odor that Tendai had but I decided to ignore it.

Mae was waiting outside, as soon as Grayson came out, she rushed to his side.

"Grayson, let me take you to the dispensary, you're hurt," she said.

The four of us walked silently to the dispensary.

"What happened, were you two boys fighting?" Agnetha asked.

Both of them didn't say a word. Agnetha turned to me and Mae.

Yes, they were.

"Why were you fighting?" she continued.

"Nurse, my boyfriend is bleeding, ask questions later," Mae said.